NEC LCD20WGX2 review *** UPDATED 25/02/06 ***

Associate
It's a symptom quite a few S-IPS panels suffer from, including Dell's 2001FP and 2005FPW. It basically means that if you lean close to the screen, you can make out a grid-like pattern that overlays the picture. It's especially noticeable on moving images.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
daddyorchips said:
Did anybody who bought this screen from ocuk get one without dead pixels or backlight bleed?

Also, is there any evidence of the screendoor effect on this screen?

I had no pixel problems - but the backlight was a little uneven to start with, but its fine now after a couple of weeks of evenings usage. Excellent screen (apart from Richdogs drool). Backlight is a fact of life with LCD's - whats not good is when its uneven and you get bright spots here/there - as in badass's "how to fix dell backlight problems thread".

Caporegime
MDPlatts said:
I had no pixel problems - but the backlight was a little uneven to start with, but its fine now after a couple of weeks of evenings usage. Excellent screen (apart from Richdogs drool). Backlight is a fact of life with LCD's - whats not good is when its uneven and you get bright spots here/there - as in badass's "how to fix dell backlight problems thread".

You think that's drool? :D

Glad to hear yours is fine too, mine is 100% even in its lighting and picture, I think I got an exact replica of Igors screen. :)

Associate
Richdog, yours came from ocuk too?

I'm considering upgrading to one of these from my Dell 2005FPW. I was lucky enough to get a Dell with a perfect backlight and no dead pixels, so I'm slightly reluctant to trade it in for a screen that might suffer these issues. However, the improvements to contrast ratio, black level and this reflective coating (which sounds like a bonus to me!) is too tempting to pass up...

It's a pity we don't get the TV tuner and multiple inputs like the Americans do though, eh?

Associate
Just out of interest, has anyone tried a anti-reflection screen with their NECs? I'm not going to be using one myself, but I'm wondering how they will effect the screen quality/brightness.

Associate
lol. in stock now according to web site......... dunno though.. i ordered mine :rolleyes:

was 1-3 days 1 minute ago.. now its in stock.. probably will go 1-3 days in a min.

official "expected" date is tomorrow apparently

Associate
Z3R0-CooL said:
lol. in stock now according to web site......... dunno though.. i ordered mine :rolleyes:

was 1-3 days 1 minute ago.. now its in stock.. probably will go 1-3 days in a min.

official "expected" date is tomorrow apparently

yeah i just checked lol.....well ill have the funds in about a week, so hopefully it doesnt sell out!

cant wait!

Dup

Dup

Soldato
otispunkmeyer said:
yeah i just checked lol.....well ill have the funds in about a week, so hopefully it doesnt sell out!

cant wait!

Agreed. I wish I could put £20 and my name on one till I get paid! A 7900 GTX and a 6 year old 17" CRT don't go hand in hand, lol!

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Gibbo said:
Hi there

We've just had a huge shipment of these arrive. :)

Could you tell us how many left over after preorders have been sent? Or is that being too cheeky?

Duppy wuppy wants one but can't afford for another week :(

Back
Top Bottom