NEC MultiSync EA231WMi-BK

Associate
Any one got any further news on this monitor? NEC press release says October 09 for release and it seems like more and more sites are showing this monitor as pre-order inc Dell USA for a price of $415

Should be an interesting rival against the Dell U2410 with its IPS panel

Associate
OP
I dont think 16:9 would bother me too much.. its the price point that interests me the most - as long as input lag is decent then i think this will be a much more affordable purchase if they can price it into the £3xx's

Associate
You will find more and more monitors moving to 16:9 as more people use them for there game consoles. Also it's simpler to market when you can share terms such as 1080p which the average use is being bombarded with atm.

This monitor looks really interesting, would love to know UK pricing

Associate
How would £299.99 Inc. VAT sound?

Sounds tempting! I've been looking at the Samsung F2380 23" which is £243 but worried me due to the cPVA tech as some have stated it to be poor for gamers.

Do OcUK plan on stocking these? If so when? I really need to read up more on the monitor first but if it's decent IPS panel i think i could be swayed to stump the extra £50+ for it.

Associate
Ive been putting off buying a monitor for a while and would like to get a new one before uni starts(cba faffing around when i have moi dissertation to do :( ). been looking at the dell 22" but i dont know why but the 1050 resolution really annoys me. no idea why but it infuriates me that its not 1080 >.< even though theres not much difference..

but yea this monitor has got me intrested so also would like to know when they're coming in and would like to see how it compares to the Dell 22" :O

Associate
Sounds on par with the Samsung one, i believe that is like 17ms from what i've read? I'm not really up-to-date with monitors these days. This is to replace a defunted 24" DGM/OcUK Value which died :( although you guys are sending it back to DGM for me so finger x they fix it.

Either way time to get a new one just incase!

Associate
OP
Associate
How would £299.99 Inc. VAT sound?

VERY interested from me. :cool:

I've been hopping from TN to TN trying to get decent colours but I've failed miserably. I'm sorely tempted by the Samsung F2380 but being PVA and the resulting lag involved, alongside the fact reviews were a mixed bunch, I'm determined to stick it out still something with accurate colours, 22/23" and full HD emerges. This could be my answer. :D

Surely as it's an IPS the reponse time won't be half as bad as PVA?

Soldato
Associate
Argh i'm a sucker - gave in and ordered a Samsung F2380!

Wish i never bothered! The display looks great and the telescopic height is just what i wanted but sadly the panel is just awful!

I read mix reviews before i bought it, but after i took the plunge i started seeing reviews stating how bad this panel was. I'm gutted cos the design is just great :(

Associate
Awwww i'm getting itchy feet waiting for this to be released :S just seen someone selling the Dell Dell 2709w for £280 which i'm tempted to snap at - although it's much larger than i actually want but seems a steal at that price.

Will you deffo be getting these on the 16th? How does Pre-orders work with OcUK? Will you take cash straight away or only when you ship the item?

Associate
im also eagerly waiting to see how this monitor performs (kinda annoying i cant find any decent reviews yet..!!!).

As for OCUK policy reading the 26" Flatron thread a while ago i think OCUK take your money straight away.

Back
Top Bottom