NEC MultiSync EA231WMi-BK

Associate
Any idea if these will be coming back in stock?

The consensus on another thread on here is that the Viewsonic VP2365wb is similar but not quite as good.

Associate
Just got a modified .inf file for my monitor (using 5850/Display Port) from a kind soul on Hard Forum, i'm now running 83hz without issue!

Hello,

Can you send me this modified .inf file because he is not available on hard forum ?

Thank you ;)

And sorry if my english is bad, because I'm french :p

Associate
I have the 5870 graphic cards and a diplay port too, and I can't use powerstrip to create custom refresh for the lcd screen.
Can you send me at my mail adress or upload on a site the driver file ?
Thanks ;)

Associate
Hi Folks.

I'm looking to buy a monitor next week for my "second" pc.
This is a quad core pc with an 8800GTS OC. It's a powerful rig that I recently replaced with a self built i7 920 rig.
My notion is to use the "old" pc in my bedroom. I'll be viewing from about 9 foot when in bed. I imagine I'll mostly be watching movies/hd tv with some gaming and general browsing.

I'd virtually decided on this:

NEC MultiSync EA231WMi BK 23" Widescreen IPS

But now I've spotted this:

Samsung F2380 23" Widescreen LCD Monitor [LS23NVTABW/EN]

The Samsung would save me a third of the price of the NEC (£200 v £300)

I've been looking at reviews and it seems that the Samsung's cPVA panel is fairly new technology, whereas the NEC IPS panel is tried and trusted.
Reviews are thin on the ground and I would hate to make a decision I will regret.

Any guidance would be much appreciated, John:)

Associate
Hi Folks.

I'm looking to buy a monitor next week for my "second" pc.
This is a quad core pc with an 8800GTS OC. It's a powerful rig that I recently replaced with a self built i7 920 rig.
My notion is to use the "old" pc in my bedroom. I'll be viewing from about 9 foot when in bed. I imagine I'll mostly be watching movies/hd tv with some gaming and general browsing.

I'd virtually decided on this:

NEC MultiSync EA231WMi BK 23" Widescreen IPS

But now I've spotted this:

Samsung F2380 23" Widescreen LCD Monitor [LS23NVTABW/EN]

The Samsung would save me a third of the price of the NEC (£200 v £300)

I've been looking at reviews and it seems that the Samsung's cPVA panel is fairly new technology, whereas the NEC IPS panel is tried and trusted.
Reviews are thin on the ground and I would hate to make a decision I will regret.

Any guidance would be much appreciated, John:)

Back
Top Bottom