NEC MultiSync EA231WMi-BK

Associate
any news on this still? still looking for a nice IPS screen which supports 1080 (which the dell sadly does not) and not as expensive as the Dell/HP 24" models.

Associate
post in the customer services section or send a webnote via the site. It was listed here but then vanished, as posted above there seems to be stock around, although at this junction not anywhere I'd spend that kind of money.

Associate
I concur with Cru54d3r. I'm very interested in this model but want to wait for a review.

This is the only budget IPS screen with a 1920 x 1080 resolution on the market today. On paper it looks like an excellent screen at an excellent price. Why is it not making more of an impact?

I'm sure if a couple of respectable publications rated it, it would sell through the roof. NEC needs to kick their marketing department up the ass.

Soldato
I removed it as we had absolutely zero interest. I'll see what stock is around on Monday and maybe get a couple in.

I was actually considering one, but I've been waiting for a decent review. Also, I never pre-order, I've been burned before pre-ordering, I only ever order when I can see there is stock.

To be honest though, I'm leaning more towards the HP LP2475w anyway, far more connection options, higher vertical res etc, the NEC had an attractive price though if it was actually any good.

Soldato
I should hopefully be able to get a couple in for Friday but limited stock at the moment as suppliers (like us) are weary of ordering monitors where there hasn't been a great deal of interest.

For most of our suppliers, PVA/IPS monitors are considered tiny sellers when you compare against TN but they aren't the enthusiast customers you guys are. :)

Soldato
Managed to pick one of these up yesterday. So far so good, no dead or stuck pixels, no noticeable backlight bleed and no dreaded tint gradient as far as I can see.

I'm still building the PC at the moment so I won't have time to calibrate it yet or post pics but first impressions as very favourable, I particularly like the matt screen.

Associate
Managed to pick one of these up yesterday. So far so good, no dead or stuck pixels, no noticeable backlight bleed and no dreaded tint gradient as far as I can see.

I'm still building the PC at the moment so I won't have time to calibrate it yet or post pics but first impressions as very favourable, I particularly like the matt screen.

what is the hight of the screen only i mean from the bottom of the picture to the top ?(not including the bazel) also where did you get it from as overclockers dont seem to be selling these.

thanks

Soldato
what is the hight of the screen only i mean from the bottom of the picture to the top ?(not including the bazel) also where did you get it from as overclockers dont seem to be selling these.

thanks

The screen height is 30cm without the bezel.

I can't discuss where I bought it from unfortunately as it's against forum rules to discuss competitors.

Associate
Hi

What do you think of the monitor any prblms like the dell ips models, wounder if overclockers will get these.

Is it a matt finish on the screen or gloss

Back
Top Bottom