Need good chair for gaming £250 (6.1" tall)

Associate
Hey, I need a chair for up to £250, I'm relatively tall around 6.1", I need chair mostly for gaming with good arm rests :)

Hope you can help me.

Associate
well, no one has answered for over a week so I guess Ill help you out. Go look at Ikea's MARKUS. They now have 4 colours and I've been using one for 5 years with no back ache. Im 6"2

Of course, you do have the OCUK ones that start at under 150, cant say if they are great for over 6 foot tall mind, maybe someone else can say?

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Check out the Vertagear SL2000 range, at £209.99 they are well within your budget, and I used this one for work for several months and found it to be comfortable, sturdy and well suited for long periods at my desk. I'm 6ft on the button.

Associate
I've actually just bought a vertagear SL2000 from OC (got to hand it to them, amazing offer right now) - arriving today, so I'll reply back with how it feels for a 6'2" tall

I agree the extra lumbar support should make all the difference as i find myself stuffing pillows there to no good effect! - looking forward to the horizontal recline too as I've never had that before.

Associate
I wrote my review for the SL2000 (white green) on OC a few weeks ago

i can say now having it a while, its very nice and 100% inproved on my last chair, but the rocking lock inst very good and cam release randomly with use, meaning you suddenly fall back as the chair rocks. Im not sure if this affects the other models in the range as its a simplified design that shouldnt change much from chair to chair. Other than that minor nuisance, it is a great chair and one i wish i bought many years earlier.

Still smells like new chair mind :X Hope it goes away soon!

Associate
I got a racing style chair from Germany via Amazon, nice colours and fake leather, £60 which I thought was great and its comfortable and stylish too.

Associate
In the end I opted for a refurbished Steelcase Please v2 with headrest and I'm very happy with my decision. The level of adjustment, support and the fact the chair adapts to you and your movement makes it a very clever thing. It is great for gaming too because you can adjust it for gaming or comfort very easily. For example if you want you can slide the seat cushion back leaving room for a joystick between your legs (like a helicopter before anyone gets the wrong idea) or you can lower the arms out of the way for a HOTAS throttle or turn the arms in to support you for mouse heavy tasks.

steelcase-please-office-chair.jpg

So you've basically have 1k worth of very high quality chair with minor cosmetic marks if you shop around for a fraction of the price vs. a car seat on a stool marked up to £300 because it looks cool or has red stitching.

Last edited:
Soldato
So you've basically have 1k worth of very high quality chair with minor cosmetic marks if you shop around for a fraction of the price vs. a car seat on a stool marked up to £300 because it looks cool or has red stitching.

Well that's quite insulting to a lot of people in here...

Personally I wouldn't say you have £1k worth of chair. I don't think an office chair can be worth that.

I can't really imagine being more comfortable than I am in my £300 chair. It doesn't have red stitching though so I do now feel like I'm missing out.

Soldato
dont know why you feel the need to be insulted. It's a chair he's talking about, not your kids. Proper ergonomic office chairs are built to higher standards and are priced accordingly. I don't claim that a steel case @ 800 quid is any more worth it than a 300 quid fake leather EPIC Gaming Chair however a steal case at closer to £200 (and less) is just a better chair for less cash. There's no counter argument unless you cant entertain the idea of buying a reconditioned chair.

You say you cant imagine being more comfortable; where's your sliding seat base, flexible front lip and lumbar support? These are all available on reconditioned chairs for less than your noble chair.

Last edited:
Soldato
Fine, but that's not what was said. It's insulting because he out right says we bought a £300 car seat on a stool 'marked up to £300' because it looks cool and has red stitching. In other words, 'you guys are idiots'.

Back
Top Bottom