Need good chair for gaming £250 (6.1" tall)

Caporegime
2ndHnd aren't some sort of magic company all they do is buy chairs from offices closing down or moving premises. They then put new upholstery on the ones in bad nick or clean them and move them on for a mark up.

Basically you can do that yourself and cut out the middle man. I got a Herman Miller for £70 by doing that. Buying direct from an office closing down that was advertising on gumtree/ebay and facebook.

As for gaming chair vs ergonomic chair. A car racing seat costs a lot of money, certainly a lot more than £300. I like the look of a gaming chair having never had one though I can't say if they are any good or not. however my back is in heaven in my herman miller it's helped a lot with pains and aches because I've adjusted it to fit me.

Soldato
Of course not, nobody said they were anything of the sort. They are just one of the many companies dealing in reconditioned office furniture but one a few of us have had a very good experience with.

If you bought and reupholstered and reconditioned a herman miller for 70 quid then well done, that's a bit of a bargain. But not everybody has the time or skill or even inclination to go that far and for them the cost of a chair from the likes of 2ndhnd, which includes a limited warranty and great after sales support if something does go wrong, is worth the extra outlay.

I got a Herman Miller for £70 by doing that. Buying direct from an office closing down that was advertising on gumtree/ebay and facebook.
And if the arm fell off a week later then you'd be up the creek without a paddle. 2ndhnd would either send you a new arm or replace the whole chair. And then there's availability - you have to be in the right place at the right time and waiting for the right chair to catch companies offloading stock. Much more choice available from companies who deal in reconditioned stock. It's still limited of course, but i know i could buy another leap right now in some configuration from 2ndhnd, for example.

Last edited:
Caporegime
if something broke I know replacement parts can be had off ebay, not cheap but a lot cheaper than buying direct.

I also when I turned up had my pick of the lot. So I chose the one with the least wear/scuffs on the legs as I had no idea what else to base an opinion from. I then sat down on the 2 with the least wear with a bit of a jump on them and chose the one that felt better to me. Wasn't an exact science but I've been using it for roughly 10 hours a week now and it's in really good nick. I'm tempted to buy another for the other half she has an Ikea Markus and she paid probably more or around the same I did and it's nowhere near as good.

I'll stick a saved search on ebay so i get a notification if someone is selling a herman miller within 30 miles of me I get an email. That way i don't need to trawl through ebay every week.

Soldato
Sorry to hi-jack this thread:

I am currently in the market for a new chair, after getting fed up with my DXRacer (quality isn't great).

I would like the opinion of james.miller and and BigBANGtheory here, as you seem to have some experience in the matter.

I was eyeing up a noblechairs Epic leather chair until today. When I decided that perhaps support and ergonomics win vs the gaming chair. I am looking at your suggestions of a Steelcase Leap (seems a popular choice). I am fairly small at 5 foot 4. Do you think this would be a suitable gaming chair for me? I have a slightly bad habit of sitting cross legged on my DXRacer, but I think that could be fixed.

I have found a Steelcase Leap for a good price, but only with a 3 month warranty. Not sure how I feel about that. Just looking for some general advice on what to do, as I'm slightly conflicted now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom