Need help please lads!

Associate
Having a nightmare lads.

I built my first pc a few months back with the help of @orbitalwalsh and @Plec, top blokes!

Today I come home from work and the monitor displays “no signal”

My wife was using the PC working from home and when she finished my son went on it.

My sons only six and he’s telling me that the screen was black so he pushed the power button on the monitor and the screen came on. He then tried to put in my pin for Windows but it wouldn’t work (he didn’t know his mum had swapped it from pin to password) So he pushed the reset button on the front and the pc restarted but he is telling me that everything on the display was large or oversized.

He then turned it off and on again but the same thing happened.

He then went upstairs to get his mum and she’s telling me that when she got back to the pc the screen was black but the pc was on and really hot? To turn it off she held down the power button.

Since I’ve come home I’ve tried:

Different hdmi cables
Different hdmi ports on the GPU
I tried using the hdmi port on the motherboard
I removed the GPU and tried a different port
Removed all dust
Tried using a TV

My components are:

Gigabyte A350 Mother board
Ryzen 5 CPU
1080ti Altus GPU
650w 80 plus gold PSU
16gb Ram

I’m getting no signal still, everything lights up and the fans spin, when I change hdmi ports on the pc while the monitors on the monitor detects the pc because the monitor light turns white but it then goes to no signal and the monitor light goes back to orange, if I swap ports it goes what but does the same again.

Any ideas on what’s happen here and what I need to do please lads? Fuming would be an understatement.

Edit: There’s also no lights on the keyboard and although it lights up and fans spin it feels different if that makes sense? Me and the misses are currently not talking because of this, I going mad sitting here trying to work this out.

TIA

Last edited:
Soldato
Would personally turn off PC, remove power plug. Remove card , remove the CMOS battery from the board (watch battery) . Leave for ten mins . Out battery back in, slot GPU back in, place all the usb cables back and display cables and try powering on .

Bit of a sledge hammer approach as if you've got any other clocks or settings g in bios all gets cleared but least the hardware is reset ( bar the storage drives )

Associate
OP
Would personally turn off PC, remove power plug. Remove card , remove the CMOS battery from the board (watch battery) . Leave for ten mins . Out battery back in, slot GPU back in, place all the usb cables back and display cables and try powering on .

Bit of a sledge hammer approach as if you've got any other clocks or settings g in bios all gets cleared but least the hardware is reset ( bar the storage drives )

I was hoping you would pop in mate!! Hows thing??

I will give that a go a report back.

Thank you mate.

Associate
OP
Just surging two toddlers haha !
Also recommended getting the other half a cup of tea and sweat treats, as PC aint worth the grief ! Or getting blue balls !

Lol!!

Agreed, shes love a cup of tea my misses!! Ive calmed down now, I was a bit miffed that she left little man on his on on it but its only a pc. Im going to put it back together now. Fingers crossed!!

Soldato
Lol!!

Agreed, shes love a cup of tea my misses!! Ive calmed down now, I was a bit miffed that she left little man on his on on it but its only a pc. Im going to put it back together now. Fingers crossed!!

Good luck ! Indeed , would advise not to let them take chalk to a GPU . Haha .
Or out cat food in the pc when intake fan is turned on

Associate
OP
That didnt work @orbitalwalsh.

The harddrive light doesnt even flash? It lights once when i turn it on then goes off and doesnt flash again. The lights and fans are on bit doesnt feel like its doing anything?

Soldato
Trying to remember but either bottom right or top right there's 4 LEDs the light up in turn when you start . If one or more is left on, tells you which part has a problem

Associate
OP
No, all i get is the AOC splash screen nothing else,

The keyboard lights dont even come on.

When inswitch hdmi ports in the pc the monitor picks up the switch and the light on the monitors goes from orange to white but then after 30 seconds or do it shows no signal and the light goes orange again.

Soldato
Right. It goes,

CPU Top left : Ram top Right
GPU Botten Left : Boot Bottom Right

With the GPU where the power cables plug in, when connected with wall socket / PSU left on, they both should have a lit LED

If when you've powered on, and you don't see a two small LED lights on the back side of the card where the power cables plug in... Then it's a power issue

Back
Top Bottom