Need help please lads!

Associate
OP
Ocuk should take to long to test and confirm, then I believe gigabyte try to have a 7 day turn around . Helps with the rep on here as they can track what's exactly happening with it if needs be :)

Sounds good, ive had to dust off an old laptop and hook it up to the monitor for now. So i will live lol!!

Associate
OP
Quick update chaps.

GPU was received back at 9ver clockers this morning and ive just had an email stating they.have now reurned it to Gigabyte for repair or replacment. So they have done there tests and it was a faulty GPU, not great when you consider it was £700 and only purchased at the start of the year. Never been overclocked or anything like that, mostly used by my son for scrap mechanic and mincraft.

Anyway atleast i know what its is and its being sorted, they Gigabyte 28 days to sort it, hopefully it will be quicker than that.

Thank you for all your input and suggestions chaps!

Soldato
Quick update chaps.

GPU was received back at 9ver clockers this morning and ive just had an email stating they.have now reurned it to Gigabyte for repair or replacment. So they have done there tests and it was a faulty GPU, not great when you consider it was £700 and only purchased at the start of the year. Never been overclocked or anything like that, mostly used by my son for scrap mechanic and mincraft.

Anyway atleast i know what its is and its being sorted, they Gigabyte 28 days to sort it, hopefully it will be quicker than that.

Thank you for all your input and suggestions chaps!

Should be quicker a also rep here if you hear nothing in 2 weeks, will be able to find exactly what's up and where the card is :)

Seems sods law is against you , but should be resolved smoothly :)

Associate
OP
Should be quicker a also rep here if you hear nothing in 2 weeks, will be able to find exactly what's up and where the card is :)

Seems sods law is against you , but should be resolved smoothly :)

Evening mate, Overclockers returned me a brand new card today, ive installed it and it is telling me no signal! Still no led lights on the GPU were the plugs from the PSU plug in.

At a total loss??? Overclockers tested the original GPU amd sent it to Gigabyte for repair or replacment so it must have been faulty??

Im not messing about with it tonight, I will call tham tomorrow and see what they say.

Cant believe it!!!

Did you test just the video port on the motherboard with no video card in there? Also, tried running just one memory stick at a time?

Sorry, I've skimmed the thread and cannot see this mentioned, so apologies if it has been. :)

Associate
OP
Brand new sealed unit and no lights on the GPU, either that's incredible bad luck around or PSU/old GPU took each other out .

Did you test just the video port on the motherboard with no video card in there? Also, tried running just one memory stick at a time?

Sorry, I've skimmed the thread and cannot see this mentioned, so apologies if it has

@orbitalwalsh yes mate, new card and nothing has changed.

Ive not had a chance to do anything with it yet but i called OC and they said to try a different GPU slot, 1 stick of ram and the CMOS battery. I done all those things last time so im not hopeful!!
Do you think it could be the PSU, the system powers up, just no siganl!!

Last edited:
Soldato
Does seem like massive bad luck on that part of it is the card again , guessing you've got no access to a spare PSU , as if no lights on GPU then Def either no power or dead

Associate
OP
Does seem like massive bad luck on that part of it is the card again , guessing you've got no access to a spare PSU , as if no lights on GPU then Def either no power or dead

Morning Mate,

Ive tried all the things overclockers suggested and nothings changed.

Still no lights on the GPU were the power cables plug in, the Aorus sign lights up and the fans spin but Im told that could be the power coming from, the motherboard that does that.

Would putting a new CMOS CR2032 battery in make a difference? Ive tried taking the current battery out and putting it back in but would a new battery make a difference? Im guessing not, a new battery isnt going to make the LEDS on the GPU were power connectors plug in light up will it?

Im also starting to doubt if they actually sent me a new GPU. The guy on the phone at Overclockers told me he thinks it is a brand new replacement but he wasn't sure. Im pretty sure the box my original was in had a small rip in it and this one doesn't but there is an RMA sticker on the replacements box that states the RMA number and the date of the 08/05/2018, this is the date my original was received back at Overclockers???? Why would a replacement card that was replace 2 weeks after this date have this sticker on it? Is this my original card do you think?

Im out most of the day today but Im going to get back on the phone to them tomorrow, this is becoming a bit of a joke.

Enjoy your day mate!

Soldato
Morning Mate,

Ive tried all the things overclockers suggested and nothings changed.

Still no lights on the GPU were the power cables plug in, the Aorus sign lights up and the fans spin but Im told that could be the power coming from, the motherboard that does that.

Would putting a new CMOS CR2032 battery in make a difference? Ive tried taking the current battery out and putting it back in but would a new battery make a difference? Im guessing not, a new battery isnt going to make the LEDS on the GPU were power connectors plug in light up will it?

Im also starting to doubt if they actually sent me a new GPU. The guy on the phone at Overclockers told me he thinks it is a brand new replacement but he wasn't sure. Im pretty sure the box my original was in had a small rip in it and this one doesn't but there is an RMA sticker on the replacements box that states the RMA number and the date of the 08/05/2018, this is the date my original was received back at Overclockers???? Why would a replacement card that was replace 2 weeks after this date have this sticker on it? Is this my original card do you think?

Im out most of the day today but Im going to get back on the phone to them tomorrow, this is becoming a bit of a joke.

Enjoy your day mate!

Sorry to jump on this thread, but I just thought id share an experience I had with my RyZen system when I first got it last year, sounds very similar to yours, and I was convinced it was the CPU, I wasn't getting any display either, Gigabyte AB350m mobo too, just suddenly happened one morning, I spent 2-3 hours trying to trouble shoot the problem, it would switch on but just wouldn't post, was working fine the day before, even trying to clear the cmos didn't seem to do anything, eventually, I removed the CPU powered on without it installed, switched off and reseated it, tried a few different items to clear the cmos as I don't have a jumper cap, kitchen knife to short the pins wasn't working, my car key did, go figure, fired straight up, im sure mine was stuck on the CPU and RAM led though, both together, I hated that board to be honest, but AM4 boards were very hard to get hold of in the beginning and I just got what I could at the time, very soon got rid of it and brought an MSI mortar, one of the best boards I ever had.

Soldato
https://i.imgur.com/Cxzsb8p.jpg

The two led lights dont light up at all and where the 4 led lights are on the board the board say it VGA for that light?

If this is your GPU, you could compare the serial numbers.

Also, the PCIE slot does supply power to a GPU, so that could indeed light the Aorus sign and power the fans.

If the LEDs for the power cables are not lit, i would suggest trying a different PSU.

Associate
OP
Sorry to jump on this thread, but I just thought id share an experience I had with my RyZen system when I first got it last year, sounds very similar to yours, and I was convinced it was the CPU, I wasn't getting any display either, Gigabyte AB350m mobo too, just suddenly happened one morning, I spent 2-3 hours trying to trouble shoot the problem, it would switch on but just wouldn't post, was working fine the day before, even trying to clear the cmos didn't seem to do anything, eventually, I removed the CPU powered on without it installed, switched off and reseated it, tried a few different items to clear the cmos as I don't have a jumper cap, kitchen knife to short the pins wasn't working, my car key did, go figure, fired straight up, im sure mine was stuck on the CPU and RAM led though, both together, I hated that board to be honest, but AM4 boards were very hard to get hold of in the beginning and I just got what I could at the time, very soon got rid of it and brought an MSI mortar, one of the best boards I ever had.

I woukd know how to clear the CMOS with a piece of metal, I wont try that unless i break something:)

Did you GPU light up where there psu plug in to the board?

Soldato
I woukd know how to clear the CMOS with a piece of metal, I wont try that unless i break something:)

Did you GPU light up where there psu plug in to the board?

Nope I was stuck on the CPU and RAM LED, both were on together. to clear the CMOS its just 2 tiny little pins that you have to short, you don't have to put any pressure on anything, just lightly touch them with something metal, or grab some jumper caps off ebay or an old motherboard or something to short them, my 2 pins are just above the 1st PCI-e x16 slot, you'll have to check your manual for where yours are.

Soldato
You could just remove the CMOS battery to reset.

Power off the computer and unplug from the mains, press the power button for a couple of seconds to deplete any charge in the PSU and remove the battery. I usually leave it out for 10 minutes, but don't think it actually needs this long.

Associate
OP
I tried removing the battery on a couple of occassions, i didnt hold down the power button though.

The PSU is all packed up and going back to OC on DPD today so I cant try anything else now.

I will update once I receive a replacement PSU.

Thanks for you help chaps:)

Back
Top Bottom