• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Need to unlock max gpu temp R9 295x2

Associate
I am trying to overclock my 295x2 but catalyst control centre only allows a maximum of 75C for my card. Is there any app or register key I can amend to let the cards max out at say 85C.

Caporegime
I am trying to overclock my 295x2 but catalyst control centre only allows a maximum of 75C for my card. Is there any app or register key I can amend to let the cards max out at say 85C.

I don't believe there is. Does the card reach 75C and throttle? Ryan from pcper said the throttle limit is 80c with the 295x2.

Associate
I have been getting crap scores with this today after a fresh windows install (16K) yesterday i hit 17.5K after running bench straight after installing the card

I think its hitting the 75 deg and throttling down:(

Caporegime
I have been getting crap scores with this today after a fresh windows install (16K) yesterday i hit 17.5K after running bench straight after installing the card

I think its hitting the 75 deg and throttling down:(

Use on screen overlay of afterburner to tell you in you're hitting the temp limit. Disable ULPS via afterburner too for a small performance bump. Might want to enable Unified Gpu usage monitoring as well in afterburner. It's right next to Disable ULPS.

Associate
OP
Seems to be throttling at stock settings too. 1018/1250
Tomb Raider using the settings in the benchmark thread.
Min 93.4
Max 153.7
Avg 120.3
left the benchmark running for a few min after the score updated and GPU2 was throttling.

Man of Honour
Seems to be throttling at stock settings too. 1018/1250
Tomb Raider using the settings in the benchmark thread.
Min 93.4
Max 153.7
Avg 120.3
left the benchmark running for a few min after the score updated and GPU2 was throttling.

Your score looks pretty close to what it should be.

Here is two 290Xs @1018/1250

CPU @4.4 no hyperthreading.

zvH3qev.jpg

Associate
OP
Is the fan moving on the radiator and the gpu?

Fans are working fine. I even added a pull fan to improve the cooling when I installed it. I might replace the AMD fan with a better one and see if that can keep the temps south of 75C. Other than that I don't know what to do other than RMA the card as faulty.

Back
Top Bottom