need your feedback (pc build)

Associate
ok heres the thing. i need to buy new pc, i have kinda limited budget. core of my rig is

x4 880k
asus a68hm-plus
gpu im thinking is rx 470 480 570 580

other parts will be moved from my current pc, they are nor subject of trhis discussion. im also open for any sugestions but for those 3 parts i can spend 300-350 pounds

thanks

Soldato
Welcome to the forums

Have you considered second hand - like an z77/z68 MoBo/ivybridge CPU/memory bundle for approx £150 - £200 (depending on where you look) plus a second hand RX 480/GTX 1060 for ~£120?

I know it's a risk but if it paid off you would have a far superior rig than any new upgrade we could suggest.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
dont trust second hand. i play only herroes of the storm. if im ever going to play newer games ill be ok with lower details

Soldato
I was thinking of the G4560 but very little gains to be had - and then came across this - clicky.

The review shows that a decent GFX card in your present rig pays dividends - regardless of potential bottlenecks.

Have you thought about just updating the gfx card to the RX 570/580 (or gtx 1060) and perhaps 16Gb of memory (sell your other sticks)?

Considering you only play the one game, which isn't very demanding, buying a single more powerful card is probably the best use of part of your £350 (and perhaps doubling your memory - GTA V is a good example of game that benefits from this). Rather than trying to do spread it too thin over a CPU/MB/DDR4/GFX card - which isn't possible for significant gains.

Basically, the MB/CPU/memory with a GFX card too can't be done - not for sufficient gains to warrant the expenditure when compared to your present setup.

Second hand would still be good option if you could swallow it...

Last edited:
Soldato
Well all I need is RIg that will be good enough for now and OK to run games even on lowest settings after few years

As outlined in my earlier post I personally think, with your budget, and second hand not being an option, there's only one viable choice that gets you significant gains:
  • New decent GFX (RX 580 or GTX 1060)
  • Optional 16 GB of memory (selling your other 2 sticks)
  • 16Gb memory - more and more games are benefitting from this if you have a 64 bit OS (GTA V being a very good example).
The link shows that it will re-invigorate your system; giving a great boost in modern games and will plough through Heroes of the Storm.

Soldato
Well you forgot about CPU and board
?

No I didn't - it can't be done within budget as comprehensively explained in my posts. Re-read post #6.

You would essentially be doing a sideways move and would have to buy a very poor gfx card.

Unless your saying you want to swap your CPU, MoBO and memory 'only' now for £350?

Confused...

You can't do the below on a £350 budget unfortunately - card alone would cost £170:

ok heres the thing. i need to buy new pc, i have kinda limited budget. core of my rig is

x4 880k
asus a68hm-plus
gpu im thinking is rx 470 480 570 580

other parts will be moved from my current pc, they are nor subject of trhis discussion. im also open for any sugestions but for those 3 parts i can spend 300-350 pounds

thanks

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Yeah but I've mentioned that I'm open for suggestions.I can always downgrade to 1050tI which is decent card isn't it? It would leave me with 200 to spend on CPU and board. Is there anything solid on the market for this kind of budget?

Soldato
Yeah but I've mentioned that I'm open for suggestions.I can always downgrade to 1050tI which is decent card isn't it? It would leave me with 200 to spend on CPU and board. Is there anything solid on the market for this kind of budget?
Keep in mind that I'm not hardcore gamer!!
I am - which is why you can't buy a better MB/CPU/memory for the money you would have left after the 1050ti - there's no real benefit (it would be G4560 - great CPU but not worth you upgrading and minimal gains).

I can give you an example rig of what you could get on a budget that would be worth the upgrade with a 1050ti? But would cost more...

Otherwise just upgrade your GFX card to the 1050ti if that's enough...

Last edited:
Soldato
Perhaps the better question is - what are the main issues with your present rig that is making you want to upgrade?

Associate
OP
Ok then. Let's go back in time to year 2009 when I bought my shiny black machine with core of phenom 2 x4 955, radeon hd 5850 1gb and 4gb of 1333. This is when happy part of our journey ends. And we're back to may 2017 when I get random restarts and serious crashes with unknown to me reason even after reinstall windows 7. Gpu works on 100 degree temperature while in game, even after striping and laying new cooling paste. And I think it's pointless to pay someone to investigate what's wrong. And last thing is when I play hots game is simply unplayable to the level I need in crucial moments.

Soldato
Ok then. Let's go back in time to year 2009 when I bought my shiny black machine with core of phenom 2 x4 955, radeon hd 5850 1gb and 4gb of 1333. This is when happy part of our journey ends. And we're back to may 2017 when I get random restarts and serious crashes with unknown to me reason even after reinstall windows 7. Gpu works on 100 degree temperature while in game, even after striping and laying new cooling paste. And I think it's pointless to pay someone to investigate what's wrong. And last thing is when I play hots game is simply unplayable to the level I need in crucial moments.
Buy a new GPU - your present one is buggered, given your description and what you've tried to fix it.

You've been experiencing thermal throttling on the card and instability - so a new card will reinvigorate the rig (unless you have another problem running along side your GFX card issue - but you would be able to identify that with the new card.).

Same upgrade suggestion as before - cheap and cheerful fix.

Additional: Check your CPU temps with Core Temp and run memtest - if these come back normal, your GPU will most likely be the only cause of all your issues (not guaranteed).

There could be a slim chance you may have a PSU or motherboard problem running along parallel to your GPU problems - but regardless you would need a new GPU anyway.

The new GPU will either fix all your problems and revitalise your rig (as mentioned many times) - or help identify any other faulty components if you still had instability issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
OP
So what would you say about my PC after I bought new Gpu? Will it meet my requirements? Running hots on reasonable settings and some newer games even on lowest?

Soldato
So what would you say about my PC after I bought new Gpu? Will it meet my requirements?
From your description of use - yes - easily. It's why i suggested the better GFX card

Watch this clip again -Clicky - it should allay any of your concerns. If you're not convinced after the clip - then i'm out of ideas other than second hand (which you've vetoed) or saving up another £200.

Running hots on reasonable settings and some newer games even on lowest?

Please clarify - you're only talking about the GFX?

If you are same advice as in all my previous posts.

Back
Top Bottom