need your feedback (pc build)

Soldato
ITried 3 games so far. Heroes of the storm goes 100% of the time smooth on maxed settings.
That's a great result - as this was your main reason for upgrading.

Glad it worked out for you.

Max Payne tried only on maxed so far. Playable but not smooth.
That's a Rockstar game - so probably would prefer 4 cores on the CPU. Would have thought with some minor tweaking you would get it smooth...

Player unknown kinda struggle on lowest with largest range of sight. But playable. this one is different due size of the map I guess
That's an Early Access game so wont be optimised - not the best game/benchmark to assess how your PC is performing.

Largest range of sight will affect performance - but from what I understand of the game the tactic/setting makes sense :)

I would look at setting guides for each game (suggested tweaks for high settings) - as you should be able to play on a mixture of ULTRA/High/Medium settings - depending on the game.

Associate
OP
what would be most sensible cpu budget upgrade if i ever want to upgrade.

and also noobish question, waht biggest fps factor in pc components. is it cpu ?

Soldato
what would be most sensible cpu budget upgrade if i ever want to upgrade.
From your G4560 and your MB capability a second hand quad core - for 'budget' an i5 skylake/kabylake depending on what appears within your budget. You wouldn't buy new as they're appearing all the time second hand...

and also noobish question, waht biggest fps factor in pc components. is it cpu ?
Usually the GPU is the driving factor for gaming but if you have a weak CPU then it can limit/bottlneck its performance. Plus, you get games like GTA V, ARMA 3 that are very CPU orientated but this is not the norm - but these still require a decent GFX card...

Ideally, you would have a decent quad core coupled with the best card you could afford - suited to the resolution you play at.

You're half way there with the GTX 1060 (at 1080p) but the G4560 is a great budget CPU so if it's holding it's own at the moment i would watch the bay and wait for bargain i5/i7 if you're thinking of upgrading so soon?

Associate
OP
question, im intending to get new processor, i see there are 3 different 1151 sockests coffe caby and sky lake. my current processor is kaby lake, does that mean my motherboard will fit only kabylake processors ?

Back
Top Bottom