need your feedback (pc build)

Soldato
If I'm going to buy only Gpu mentioned above. Will this be sufficient to meet my needs?
Personally, i would pay the extra £35 and buy the RX 570 4Gb - superior card - but yes for your needs the 1050ti would probably be suffice.

Soldato
to get something newer for that budget and from intel you would be looking at something a long the lines of this, but while i like my i3 over the same pcu you have and aq6600 that i had before, i dont know if you would feel the same way about it.

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £317.46
(includes shipping: £10.50)

i dont know if the 1050ti is better an if so by how much than the 460, but unless you got ram for under £60/50 you are out of reach about of a 570 as that would take it to £400-420.

or keeping the same 460 gpu and changing to a ryzen setup then you be looking at potentially something like this

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £394.01
(includes shipping: £11.10)

you current quad is just a straight up typical quad, the 1400 is a quad with double the threads(like a 4 core i7 with hyperthreading) so is much better and overall just a much much better processor, i dont know if i chose the best board under £70, but i was trying to keep costs down.

or if the price is not possible then from whats been mentioned, a better graphics card and perhaps a better cooler for the processor depending whats on there? oh and i assume from your own suggestion and what others have mentioned, you have a good power supply to run all this???

if ive posted this more than once then i lost internet connection as i clicked reply button :rolleyes:

Associate
OP
My CPU temp is fine after I applied new paste recently. Coz its been way to hot. Well what pm going to do is I'll buy new Gpu, see if I'm happy and take it from there.

Soldato
Exo, this has been covered within the thread - and the G4560 would be the better choice coupled with a better gfx card.

But, it's not worth the expense - Clicky.

lol page 2 wasnt about when i originally typed this, my internet went down so obviously things updated and at the same time i was suggesting this it was still at the 'what to do' stage, i dont know anything about the game the OP wants to play and a basic dual core is more of a downgrade than the i3 from a quad, but i put up the ryzen for an idea of upgrade, but like i said, things had changed prior to me being able to post the reply.

Soldato
lol page 2 wasnt about when i originally typed this, my internet went down so obviously things updated and at the same time i was suggesting this it was still at the 'what to do' stage, i dont know anything about the game the OP wants to play and a basic dual core is more of a downgrade than the i3 from a quad, but i put up the ryzen for an idea of upgrade, but like i said, things had changed prior to me being able to post the reply.
Ah, no worries Exo :)

Soldato
how can i actualy check my components for any faults etc ? some1 mentioned to testmy ram and cpu
From your initial description it sounds like the GPU - but i suggested the other tests just to be sure that you didn't have another problem running parallel to the GFX issue.

But to test the CPU checking the temps with Core Temp along with a short burst of Prime95 - 5 minutes tops will let you know if you have temps problems. Watch the temps constantly - if they stay under 75/80 degrees celcius no problems (in games they would be around 55/65 - depending on cooling - as no game stresses the CPU like synthetic stress test).

Prime95 is a synthetic stress test - and will stress the CPU to the nth degree - so if the CPU has any obvious stability issues or heat issues it will identify them very quickly.

And to test the memory use memtest

Last edited:
Soldato
The GPU will certainly be a mighty upgrade from your present one - and the G4560 is a great value CPU.

Additional: Did you order DDR4 memory too? As your present memory (DDR3?) isn't compatible with that board.

Soldato
well noticed, i didnt pay attention to this. u sure i wont be able to use my dd3 on this ?
The GA-H270M-DS3H motherboard lists in its spec 4 x DDR4 DIMM sockets - Clicky - unfortunately DDR3 will not fit into this.

It's why i kept including it within the specs when giving examples in earlier posts.

Back
Top Bottom