Needed: Upgrade advice for a Useless individual!

I'll take it one step at a time, i'm not even crawling yet!
Honestly, don't worry about it.

You're going to really enjoy the performance kick out of the GTX 1060 - you should be able to play most things on ULTRA at 1080p even with stock 2500K and 8Gb.

It's a fun upgrade - and not a shi**y INTEL pushpin in sight.

It has been ordered and should be delivered tomorrow :) hopefully nothing has to be changed about in my case to fit it as it's two slots high!

actually forget that, i need to update the drivers anyway so i'll do that
Yep :)
  • download latest drivers in preparation for install
  • When you're ready to install the card uninstall present drivers.
  • Shut down and remove old card
  • Install new card
  • Boot up
  • Let Windows find device etc...
  • Install new drivers
  • Reboot
  • Hopefully job done.

It's a belt and braces approach - and doesn't take much effort.

All things being equal, it should be a straight forward upgrade. If you run in to problems i'll look out for your post.

If you get a delivery time/time you'll think you're going to install, post and give me the approx time and i'll try to look out for your post.

If there's someone in to accept delivery, I'll put it in tomorrow evening :)
If it's DPD you can direct them to leave it with a neighbour or leave in safe place.

I would describe the safe place as they can be complete numpties sometimes. One 'special' delivery guy placed a particularly expensive item in one of my bins - instead of the dedicated storage container right by the side of it. :/

Unsure, got rocket league free so I'll probably muck about on that a bit first. Next I'll try bf4 as that's my most intense game I've got I reckon :)

Back
Top Bottom