Nerds assemble! Raspberry pi close to launch date.

Soldato
Got frustrated with the Pi last night. Finally got around tt having a proper dabble and set up the WiFi. Got the drivers installed and Gnome Network Manager working. Could see my wireless network in the list but got frustrated when I kept getting "Not authorised to manage the network" errors when attempting to join. It was late so I gave up.

Must be something to do with admin permissions. Id expect that it is something simple.

Soldato
OP
Got frustrated with the Pi last night. Finally got around tt having a proper dabble and set up the WiFi. Got the drivers installed and Gnome Network Manager working. Could see my wireless network in the list but got frustrated when I kept getting "Not authorised to manage the network" errors when attempting to join. It was late so I gave up.

Must be something to do with admin permissions. Id expect that it is something simple.

Run network-manager as root.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Gents - maybe you can help as my google fu is not helping. I've been googling for ages on how to mount my usb drive as read/writeable on raspbian for all users. Or just 'pi' but everytime I try I cannot mount it writeable, only read only.

Any ideas on what I need to type in terminal to get it to mount? Ideally I'd like to mount it in /home/pi/ somewhere as I've got samba configured to play nicely like that.

edit - figured it... logged in as root and chmod'd the drive.

Last edited:
Associate
I think I've got Raspmc installed atm, the guy who made it is working on implenting PVR functionality, its available in the nightly builds now but I'm waiting for it to be released as a full build. Can't wait tbh :)

Man of Honour
This turned up today:

sept16.jpg

sept17q.jpg

sept18.jpg

Soldato
This turned up today:

... and very good they are to... I have one also!

I am sure you will have realised by now that the top layer should in fact be 'clear', and there is a thin protective film of plastic which has to be peeled off this, as well as most of the other layers, first.

If you don't do that then the screws appear to be too short... but of course you knew that anyway! ;)

Soldato
I ordered this on the 30th June and nothing yet.
I'm getting annoyed now, and will be ringing up on Monday to find out what the hell is going on.

Back
Top Bottom