Netflix: Drive to Survive

Caporegime
Seeing Hamilton slowly lose confidence in Merc and Toto was quite interesting to watch.

And then mega awkward when they were all smiles at the end of the episode and Lewis had signed for two more years.

Toto: “The thought of Lewis at Ferrari in a red overall? it wouldn’t suit him.”...holy ****, lol.

The timing of the Lewis and Ferrari announcement just a few weeks before DTS coming out is pretty hilarious.

Caporegime
He used to be fine, then he landed a job directly with F1 and became this insufferable cringelord.

That said I think this is maybe how he always was, but because he wasn't in the public eye as much people didn't notice.

I don't know how someone like him gets to where he has. I don't think i know anyone who thinks he is a likeable/watchable personality. There are so many people within the F1 world who are better to listen to/easier to watch.

As far as I can work out, he started as a writer for Motorsport magazines etc. I think he should have stayed as a writer to be honest...

Last edited:
Associate
Toto: “The thought of Lewis at Ferrari in a red overall? it wouldn’t suit him.”...holy ****, lol.

The timing of the Lewis and Ferrari announcement just a few weeks before DTS coming out is pretty hilarious.
Yeah exactly the timing is hilarious.
Plus truthfully it does say a lot, he resigned with them 6 months ago, hasn't stepped foot in a car with them again yet, but has already committed to going to Ferrari next year, ending the contract after only one year. Absolutely mind-blowing.

Last edited:
Associate
I couldn't believe the interviewer going after Fréd Vasseur right after the mess happened in Las Vegas free practise. Read the room guy. Move on!
Got up to this part last night.
Such a lame move by the interviewer.
Quite nice to see even in competition, Toto was kind and stood up for Fred.

Soldato
Toto was kind and stood up for Fred
I think it was clear it could happen to anyone and quite honestly was kind of stupid that F1 counted those replacement parts against anything. I get that it might also not be fair to let them have new parts for free, but surely there was something that could be done?

I also understand the interviewer might argue he has to 'ask the tough question', but he wasn't even asking a tough question, but it was clear just to leave Fred alone, even just for a while. Maybe come back to him later and try again, but don't keep badgering when he was so clearly *** if you must swear, please fully star the word out *** off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Caporegime
I think it was clear it could happen to anyone and quite honestly was kind of stupid that F1 counted those replacement parts against anything. I get that it might also not be fair to let them have new parts for free, but surely there was something that could be done?

As I said at the time, there's no flexibility at all in the rules to allow this. Maybe something that should be looked at in future, but I guess that's also potentially a can-of-worms deciding when, exactly, you should let them off or not. This might be easy to call, but there will be greyer circumstances.

I also understand the interviewer might argue he has to 'ask the tough question', but he wasn't even asking a tough question, but it was clear just to leave Fred alone, even just for a while. Maybe come back to him later and try again, but don't keep badgering when he was so clearly ****** off.

The interviewer didn't come across well at all, but I suppose they also have their job to do getting the team principles to comment on various topics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom