Netflix here we go again.

Soldato
So Netflix have failed to learn from the lesson that jacking up prices is bad, when they bumped the cost to £15 a month, they lost hundreds of thousands if not millions of subscribers.

They are now trialling a new charge, an additional £2.50 for shared accounts. Suffice to say I see an even greater loss in subscriber numbers if this happens.

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks like they're only targeting south America first. Not sure why tbh, is that a good representation of their user base. I guess if they see drastic numbers drop there then they may abandon plans.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Looks like they're only targeting south America first. Not sure why tbh, is that a good representation of their user base. I guess if they see drastic numbers drop there then they may abandon plans.

Its a cheap trial. They pay less there and probably have far fewer subscribers so its a good large scale test without the risk of losing a lot of customers.

It's fair really.

What they should have done is never permit it in the first place.

Its not when the price proposition for a lot of people includes the understanding that they can share their account with a friend.

I am tempted to cancel it and certainly will if they bump the price up or stop my parents from using our account at the same time. Its already overpriced for the quality it offers to people that have had it for a few years.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Fo shizzle? Guess you can't share the deets.

Maybe not quite yet, but for some stats, the movie trailer on their youtube channel had 55k views at the start of the month, it now has over 1 million views and the movie is a global release. In legal speak, "Significant damages" is an understatement!

Caporegime
Maybe not quite yet, but for some stats, the movie trailer on their youtube channel had 55k views at the start of the month, it now has over 1 million views and the movie is a global release. In legal speak, "Significant damages" is an understatement!
Damn man, hope you get a nice payday

Soldato
It's fair really.

What they should have done is never permit it in the first place.
I think it's fair also, I also think that those that do share and are thinking about leaving will leave.

Basically in a nut shell they will lose overall when this is brought in, I reckon in any case.

Caporegime

Dayumn son, hope you get some royalties off that bad boy! I think I know which one it is, have you posted it on here before? Took it in London?

Back
Top Bottom