Netflix here we go again.

Associate
Maybe not quite yet, but for some stats, the movie trailer on their youtube channel had 55k views at the start of the month, it now has over 1 million views and the movie is a global release. In legal speak, "Significant damages" is an understatement!
Damn I hope you destroy them and get a massive payday. Hate things like that

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
The one and only and now somewhat infamous "gif"! But they altered it to try to remove identifiers whilst forgetting the reflections LOL. So that's doubly bad too.

Soldato
All the extra money will do is give individual accounts. Is this a forced payment that'll automatically be added, or something you opt in to? What's to stop people just sharing the password and ignoring additional accounts for the little extra ££?

Caporegime
Maybe not quite yet, but for some stats, the movie trailer on their youtube channel had 55k views at the start of the month, it now has over 1 million views and the movie is a global release. In legal speak, "Significant damages" is an understatement!

Damn! Hope you get a nice payday for that! Deserves a thread, when you can speak more openly about it.

Didn't they give out someones number recently and only give them a few grand?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Oh yeah that was in Squid Game:

The woman said it was impossible for her to change her number due to client contacts. She is reported to have rejected compensation offers of up to 5m won, though Netflix has not commented on the compensation claims.

The South Korean presidential candidate Huh Kyung-young made headlines last week when he offered 100m won on Facebook to buy the phone number.

But by Thursday the eight-digit number that appears in the first two episodes had been replaced with a six-digit version. When called, an automated response said: “The number you have dialled is not available.”
According to Google, 5m won is about £3100 - 100m won is £63k - Not a bad offer realy so wonder how much she got if she refused £3k for just a number error!

Interesting reading elsewhere though, make of it what you will but it's pretty clear what's going on :p

Caporegime
The one and only and now somewhat infamous "gif"! But they altered it to try to remove identifiers whilst forgetting the reflections LOL. So that's doubly bad too.

Just watched the trailer, didn't see it, 50m views tho. Have they doctored it perhaps? I feel like I should stop asking but Ima curious kitten :p

Don
Netflix loses a million subscribers in 4 months. Ouch that's gotta hurt.

They predicted a loss of 2mil subs with their price increases though, so they are in a "net benefit" overall from a profit perspective.

Remember they have 220million subs in total, so a loss of 1mil subs is a drop in the ocean if they increased their profit from the remaining 219mil subs by 20%

Caporegime
Netflix haven't got a hope in hell of competing with Disney or Amazon long term.

Not sure.

I don't know how much amazon care about it. Vs thier aws for example.
I think they are by far worse than Netflix. And worse than D+

There's a big audience for Disney. Parents with kids. But I'm disappointed with D+. Got a 6 months offer and nothing excites.

Only reason I took a break from Netflix is they ran out of content. This is thier problem. They can't produce enough content to keep perpetual subscribers.
No other service caters well for geeky stuff.

If its 5 pounds a month.. Yeah who cares ill leave it going.
If it's 15. I'm certainly going to cancel and rejoin.

Hbo, paramount plus? Not for me. I'll watch one show from them a year. So where do you go for that? I wonder.

The fragmentation will only hurt them all in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom