Netflix here we go again.

Never has a dubbed version of something ever been good or done justice to the original language. You're just ruining your own experience really.
Actually, a lot of the "old" Mange movies where MASSIVLY better than the orginals, not only with much better voice actors but better soundtracks, not the same I know.

Part of the problem with many of these services is they expect endless growth, but that just isn't possible and when the subscriber numbers start to drop, they look for other ways to increase revenue and this almost always means something negative for the existing members.

Just like many aspects of a business, once they see a slow down, the bureaucrats start to take over with endless targets and goals that just end up being detrimental to the customer or business.

Part of the problem with many of these services is they expect endless growth, but that just isn't possible and when the subscriber numbers start to drop, they look for other ways to increase revenue and this almost always means something negative for the existing members.

Just like many aspects of a business, once they see a slow down, the bureaucrats start to take over with endless targets and goals that just end up being detrimental to the customer or business.

Shareholders seem to only value growth. Which put pressure on.

because if you consider the production costs of the diverse(derivative?) material netflix produces you can't balance the books without considering future revenue growth,
"Stranger Things," which will debut later this month in two separate installments, cost a whopping $30 million per episode, - Doctor who $1M

In the good doctor who days, I think I'd rather watch a series of that rather than ..( suppose I should really watch one ?) a twighlight zone derivative.

because if you consider the production costs of the diverse(derivative?) material netflix produces you can't balance the books without considering future revenue growth,
"Stranger Things," which will debut later this month in two separate installments, cost a whopping $30 million per episode, - Doctor who $1M

In the good doctor who days, I think I'd rather watch a series of that rather than ..( suppose I should really watch one ?) a twighlight zone derivative.

This is what I'm sad about. Netflix has big budget and awesome TV content. I actually wonder if I should subscribe all year. Because lower numbers means lower budget for shows.

And the content I like simply isn't available elsewhere

Netflix in my opinion is far better value than the TV licence/BBC.

I don't know why anyone pays that, I reckon as the generations move on, less an less will.

That is why they are now talking about adding the cost of running the BBC to everyone's Council Tax bill. I would rather see the BBC die than be forced to pay for it. At least right now you can choose not to watch live TV and therefore not need to pay the TV Tax. Try not paying your Council tax and see what happens!

if they enforce this, I will be cancelling my subscription and only getting it for 2 months a year, stream everything, then cancel again. Exactly what I used to before I started sharing.

That is why they are now talking about adding the cost of running the BBC to everyone's Council Tax bill. I would rather see the BBC die than be forced to pay for it. At least right now you can choose not to watch live TV and therefore not need to pay the TV Tax. Try not paying your Council tax and see what happens!
yea getting rid of the TV license to make it an actual tax..... how progressive

Shareholders seem to only value growth. Which put pressure on.

What else would they value? They literally invest money in the hope that it becomes more money.

Yep, and then the service becomes worse and worse as they squeeze and squeeze and eventually they kill the company.

Never has a dubbed version of something ever been good or done justice to the original language. You're just ruining your own experience really.

Watching with subs is already a lesser experience than understanding the original language anyway. The quality of dubbing varies hugely as well - some of the more recent Netflix shows have put a lot of effort into recreating the position and intent of the original audio and is good enough for all intents and purposes unless it is a serious drama or something - some of the more recent dubbing efforts you wouldn't even notice it was dubbed unless you were paying attention - not all dubbing is just dead tone reading of the script with the audio lacking any positional qualities.

There are several shows on Netflix with subs which have basically been run through Google translate, seemingly through at least 2 different languages, and really aren't a better option than dubbing anyhow.

So this is optional surely? But I assume they will crack down on sharing accounts? Is it anything similar to 10 to 15 years ago when we (mostly?) stopped downloading music illegally as there was now an option to stream it for £10 a month? I know not exactly the same, but will many just pay the £2.50 and be fine that their mate now has a £15 pm service for £2.50?

At least right now you can choose not to watch live TV and therefore not need to pay the TV Tax.
Tbh, I didn't really think I had an option to not pay it. It's not just live TV is it? There's a disclaimer you select in iPlayer confirming you have a license.

Can you believe the flat earth society used it too in one of their presentations? I asked the user to take it down because I didn't want any association with flat earth since the earth is round. He said "go and try taking it down". So I did and the whole presentation got removed by youtube :D

I was watching Resident Evil last night, and the quality was absolutely awful. I just have standard Netflix so it’s never going to be amazing but I was watching it on my laptop and the picture quality was almost unwatchable.
Have Netflix announced they have reduced the quality again? First time I’ve had this issue. Stranger Things was fine, as was other shows I’ve watched recently but RE was awful.

Back
Top Bottom