1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Netflix subscription price rises announced

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Robzere31, May 30, 2019.

1. AndyCr15

Sgarrista

Well I guess you only watched a small selection of the Netflix originals and I also guess you watched the wrong selection too!

I was saying to a friend today, it is almost a shame. A few years back if Netflix made an original, you knew it would be worth a watch. Now there is so much, you can't just make that assumption.

2. Hades

Capodecina

Yes I have a 4K Roku stick. I can't confirm the performance at 4K though as I don't have a 4K TV. It runs great at 1080p. There is also a Roku Ultra box for a lot more money but it's more powerful again and has an ethernet network option.

3. Vanquish-Storm

Mobster

Price rise just in time for Stranger Things.

I was toying with uping to the 4k option. I don't need to stream to 4 things at once though.

4. mid_gen

Sgarrista

Tbh most of the Netflix Originals are utter dross, barring the odd gem, and every time I start the app the auto-playing trailers instantly get on my nerves.

The quality of Amazon's content offering is much better imo, I have it anyway for deliveries, I don't have to pay extra for HD/4k subscription, and I can rent movies/buy other TV content.

Did I mention Amazon doesn't obnoxiously autoplay trailers?

5. ElliorR

Sgarrista

Have to admit the autoplaying of trailers does annoy me as well.

6. theone8181

Mobster

No Amazon just play a trailer for something else whenever you watch a program lol.

7. ianh

Mobster

Netflix have changed tactics and started to pick-up a lot of cancelled Fox/ABC etc shows with good (but not great) audience figures as they already come with an audience base rather than risking money lots of new "Original" series which, over the next 5 years I expect to be vastly reduced in numbers.

8. Ocean Breeze

Hitman

Netflix is great. I can always find good stuff to watch.

Watched Baby Driver and Knock Down The House yesterday, both great.

9. Stephanie Peterson

Hitman

Dont mind paying more is that is going back into programming.
    Still quite cheep to be honest.

10. Psycho Sonny

Caporegime

account sharing is rife.

you can have 4 households all using 1 account

11. cheesyboy

Capodecina

Most Netflix Movies are terrible, but the series are usually pretty good. Bojack, Stranger Things, Glow etc.

Amazon's autoplaying an advert when I open the app on my phone, and trailers before watching anything, are about as annoying as Netflix's behaviour. In Netflix's favour is that at least none of that happens on my phone, just on TV.

I started with just Amazon, and was dubious that Netflix would be a worthy addition - only got it because Mrs Cheesyboy wanted to watch The Crown - but I now find myself watching Netflix for, probably, about 60-70% of my streaming vs Prime.

12. Clov!s

Capodecina

13. Haze

Mobster

Don't honestly understand how, they do have some good content, but it feels like they only update their content every 3 months, at least on Netflix something new turns up most weeks

14. Robzere31

Mobster

I've not had one, I read last year the US prices were going up & assumed we would follow quite quickly but they didn't seem to materialize (for me at least)
    I'm not complaining about the rise, I still think £11.99 is good value especially compared with other offerings namely Amazon, although I look at Amazon TV as a bonus as i really subscribed for prime delivery.

15. Pawnless Endgame

Capodecina

Paying Netflix £12/month for a household account is about the same as a normal TV licence. So I think it's ok to ditch normal TV and just stick with Netflix, or the other way round and have just normal TV.

When you have normal TV, Prime, Netflix and a Sky package all running concurrently, then where does it end?

16. Hades

Capodecina

That's what I had so I binned Sky and plan to use Now TV to watch anything I want from there.

17. Rossi~

Capodecina

I might do the same if/when NowTV can provide a better quality stream (1080p+).

18. satchef1

Mobster

I just sub through Turkey. Costs me £3.60-£3.80 each month.

19. neoboy

Capodecina

I'd love to sub
    They also need to seriously clean up their user experience and UI in general. Watching in a Windows environment requires that clunky piece of software, you can't search content through actor names, quite often it forgets what and where I stopped watching in episodes, etc

20. SixTwoSix

Sgarrista

Their TV app now forces an advert for another show at the start of shows, it's very annoying.

However for about £2-3/month entertainment pass and the content available, I can put up with it.