Netflix to cut streaming quality in Europe for 30 days

V F

V F

Soldato
I can't drop my plan as I get it through Sky. So I'm not even sure I would get a discount if Netflix even gave one anyway.

However I'll be leaving sky shortly and I may drop my plan if this continues. I have several 4K tv's. I have a 350MB connection on which I get around 375MB download. So I can stream 15MB no issues. It wouldn't affect my usage at all if they upped the bandwidth to 50MB.

I can still download games off steam in seconds.

It must be the perks of living in the city but saying that, I remember some people I knew of that were in the wrong street right next to Hampden that couldn't get cable. While the ones next to them got silly speeds. Imagine that feeling.

Soldato
this thread is about them cutting bandwidth so download speed is 100% relevant.

I also have a 1000w microwave it's an inverter by panasonic with no rotating table in the middle. And it definetely does cook things quicker than the piece of crap i used to use at work.

I didn't say anything about the relevance of download speed, you should check your eyesight.

To help you

I POINTED OUT THAT 2800MEGABITS PER SECOND IS AMAZING AND ASKED IF YOU LIVED IN A DATA CENTER.

Also no one cares about your microwave as mines oc'd.

Caporegime
I would think its still cut. They did it because of the lock down and the extra load
Just a minor correction, they did at the request of the EU. I don't believe any individual ISP asked them to (probably for fear of losing customers or admitting their network was not good or resilient enough).

rp2000

Last edited:
Permabanned
Thanks
I haven't watched anything on Netflix for a few months now..
Does anyone know if the 4K movies you buy on itunes have also had there quality cut ?

By the most dogie news feed i found this.
"Amazon Prime Video, Apple TV Plus Degrading Video Quality to Ease European Bandwidth Strain Amid Coronavirus Emergency"

Caporegime
It must be the perks of living in the city but saying that, I remember some people I knew of that were in the wrong street right next to Hampden that couldn't get cable. While the ones next to them got silly speeds. Imagine that feeling.

Im buying a house 20 meters away from 1000Mbit cable connection..... I have to get an adsl2+ connection 24Mbit if lucky.....
They say they are extending the network by the end of the year.... They better :p

Soldato

Tell me about it, I live in the middle of a city and have no access to fibre of any flavour. Am stuck on a crappy 1MB/s ADSL2+ line whereas the houses a hundred yards down the road do have access to fibre.

Associate
Anyone seen an increase in bitrate in the UK yet? We cancelled our subscription about a month ago as a lot of 1080p content was unwatchable at 0.67mbps.

I also noticed that they aren't doing free trials in the UK at the moment...

Back
Top Bottom