Netgear D7000 VDSL modem/router

Soldato
I found a thread on netgear forums about it being pulled. It doesn't say exactly what the issue was though.

They did say issues so more then one problem.

We found some issues with the firmware and had to take it down the engineers are working to fix this and will re release the firmware soon.

DarrenM

You just have to wait for new firmware, better safe then sorry as they say.

Soldato
OP
They did say issues so more then one problem.

You just have to wait for new firmware, better safe then sorry as they say.

Yeah, I was just updating on my comment asking what the issues were.

Seems to be fairly stable here anyway although I'm using it for basic functions.

Soldato
OP
I would like to say that it would be the new one as the previous was removed from their website. It is hard to tell though. You would think it would have been named 1.0.2 now though.

Soldato
OP
Has anyone still got a copy of V1.0.0.26 on their computer prior to it being pulled? If you do, Do you fancy copying the release notes onto here so we can compare them to the new V1.0.0.26.

Associate
Either mine is lying to me or hopefully somebody more clued up on the subject might be able to help.

I have turned UPnP off and am using portforwarding to direct traffic to my ps4 and the openvpn port on my nas.

I am finding a lot of
Code:
[LAN access from remote] from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:portnumber to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:6889
appearing in my logs.

I know that 6889 is the port the default bittorrent client on my nas uses but don't understand how anyone can be accessing it if I haven't set any port forwarding?

Soldato
OP
For anyone still wondering about the firmware removal and re-upload the reason posted on the Netgear forum was the engineers couldn't reproduce the issue that was reported for the reason it was taken down. According to the engineer the issue is related to iOS9.1 and user’s Apple TV since it does not seem to support 5G connection at lower channels so the same firmware has been re-released.

Associate
For anyone still wondering about the firmware removal and re-upload the reason posted on the Netgear forum was the engineers couldn't reproduce the issue that was reported for the reason it was taken down. According to the engineer the issue is related to iOS9.1 and user’s Apple TV since it does not seem to support 5G connection at lower channels so the same firmware has been re-released.

It's a pity they didn't take it down to fix the other issues we have been reporting. I sync at 9Mb at best normally. This firmware wouldn't syny at more than 5.5Mb!! I'm back on V20 test.

Soldato
OP
I think so. I always revert to V1.0.0.20_TEST_1014_1.0.1 as it's the only one that gives me the sync speed (such as it is :mad:)

The version he has uploaded is V1.0.0.20_TEST_0817.

I believe the test firmware I had from netgear was a v1.0.0.18 derivative. If you want to upload a copy somewhere, I'll download and test. See what difference in sync I get.

Soldato
OP
I've noticed from a screenshot of the test firmware I was sent that it showed a DSl settings page that allowed users to enable/disable bitswap, SRA, Trellis and sesdrop. All these functions are gone from the official release.

I don't think that I saved a copy of the one I was sent either as it was downloaded via a dropbox link which has now been removed.

I have found on my hard drives are

V1.0.0.20_1.0.1_TEST_0817
V1.0.0.18_TEST_0811

If you could upload a copy of yours, I would be happy to test all out over the next few days and report back. I did test sync speeds with my HG612 and they were near identical.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom