NeverWinter

Associate
I've been interested in the new NeverWinter game coming up and I pre-ordered TorchLight 2 for Beta Access to the game, and it looks like the game is in Beta now and I don't have a key.

For those interested the home page is here:

http://nw.perfectworld.com/

And here's some gameplay footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7tN_yS4GKY

And the link to beta access for people interested:

https://register.perfectworld.com/nw_splash

Just wondered if anyone else following this game is in Beta or not, I'll be quite disappointed if I wasn't able to get in :(

Associate
Video actually looks pretty good, only watched it at work so couldnt have the audio on or have a proper look but looks cool.

When this was first announced was excited for it, but then heard a lot of negative things so good to see something that looks decent.

Soldato
I was quite excited about this then hopes of a NWN3 got dashed. Im sure it will be ok but no nwn3. Then i heard that a nwn3 is in the making, got very excited again.

NZB

NZB

Associate
Usually promotions that guarantee you beta access like that are for an unspecified stage, normally towards the end of the beta.

Soldato
I was excited when this was just a co-op NWN game, then I heard it was changed (very late in the day by the new 'owners' ) to be a MMO and got very sad. I'm still not sure what to think :p. I do like how the Foundry is shaping up by all accounts, that sounds like a very cool feature.

Was under the impression there is no 'NWN3' game though?

Last edited:
Associate
I'm sure i read somewhere that a pre-order special edition which allows you to have a Drow character is $200.... Makes the new Sim City edition look cheap!

Soldato
So who is making this new NWN3 bushmins? Would be interested to look into that too, love isometric RPG's.

All i heard was that one of my old nwn buddies saw an alpha for nwn3 at GenCon (what ever that is). I asked him if it was this neverwinter tosh and he said it was definatally neverwinter nights.

Soldato
So who is making this new NWN3 bushmins? Would be interested to look into that too, love isometric RPG's.

All i heard was that one of my old nwn buddies saw an alpha for nwn3 at GenCon (what ever that is). I asked him if it was this neverwinter tosh and he said it was definatally neverwinter nights.

I hope that neverwinter will be great but it looks to be button mashing.

Associate
I'm usually one to give MMO's a chance, rather than label it instantly generic and dull... But, from the gameplay, this looks as generic and dull as they come.

Soldato
Something that made nwn online pw's so great was the fact that dying actually ment something. XP loss, maybe even a lvl lossed and it took ages to get that xp back, that really get the blood pumping when you get yourself into a tricky situation. Its all been removed in current online games and makes them dull and unexciting. Because of this the nwn online community was far more mature than todays mmos.

In face PoE is the only game that has got my heart rate up like in the old nwn days. Not because you loose xp but because if you run around like a nut job you die and it can take ages to get back to where you were, unless of course you have an ubandance of portal scrolls to set up.

Soldato
The downloaded for this weeks beta invites is such a load of crap, slowest thing I've ever seen since dial up.

almost 24 hours on and only at 43%.

Back
Top Bottom