New 120Hz/"240Hz" VA monitor for gamers (Eizo Foris FG2421)

I'm seeing a lot of ghosting across the entire screen with or without 240hz mode in Team Fortress 2 and Farcry 3 even at 120fps. Is this normal? The whole screen will ghost up as I turn.

@HonoredShadow:

That is indeed odd. I don't remember anyone else mentioning about severe ghosting. Could you post a video (or image) of this behaviour?

Is it happening in any other games? Or in desktop?

@others:
Could someone else confirm whether or not this is happening on theirs?

edit:
partly ninja'ed...

I can't post any pics sorry. The monitor is packed up and ready to go back. Bluring did not happen so much in BF3/4 but it did happen a little. The above mentioned games however. Wow. So much total screen blurring. Major ghosting across the entire screen until I stopped turning.

On a side note. I have just plugged in my Samsung SA750D again. Wow the colours don't look half bad actually! The blacks are not as good and reflections are a little distracting but I have red back again! Red on this panel compared to the Eizo is much better.

Last edited:
I can't post any pics sorry. The monitor is packed up and ready to go back. Bluring did not happen so much in BF3/4 but it did happen a little. The above mentioned games however. Wow. So much total screen blurring. Major ghosting across the entire screen until I stopped turning.

On a side note. I have just plugged in my Samsung SA750D again. Wow the colours don't look half bad actually! The blacks are not as good and reflections are a little distracting but I have red back again! Red on this panel compared to the Eizo is much better.

I was going to upgrade my SA750D for one of these but maybe it'll be worth waiting to hear more opinions first after your experience.

Tempted by one of these, the colours on my BenQ are noticeably worse than my previous Dell IPS screens (obviously) but I do enjoy the higher refresh rate.

first impressions after a little tweaking

Colours= very good, not as good as my VP2770 ips
Blacks= Amazing, way better than anything else i have had (vp2770, benq xl2420T)
Motion= very good, definitely needs the 240hz thing on when gaming, so imo motion at the standard 120hz is not quite as good as the benq but everything else mentioned far out ways this.

After a bit of tweaking for BF4 gaming it looks and plays amazing, BUT there is a downside, when switching back to web browsing the settings dont work, as in its too bright and there is ghosting on white lettering needing to change the user mode which is a pita, again BUT to have the quality and speed whilst gaming this is something i can put up with.
With the 30 mins i have spent with my new monitor i am impressed and i'm sure the experience will only get better.

Is it worth the money????
ummmm, yes compared to whats available, again BUT imo the asus and benq 120's are over priced for the image you get. If i were pricing i'd put the Eizo at £380 and the Benq XL2420T at the £265 mark

edit: after installing the software you can set the monitor to change automatically to the application being used, great stuff ;)

Last edited:
Nice monitor, I can get one of these through my work for £399 so will probably do that unless ocuk are getting them in stock soon then i might wait and see who does the better price hint hint :)

will this monitor or any 120/240hz monitor be worth it if you cant reach that constant 120 or 240 fps ? Part of me wants to get this as it combines the two worlds while the other wants to go for 60hz 1440p since I cant really reach that magical 120fps

That is a good point, I have two graphics cards and in planetside 2 (not the most optimized game) i am lucky to hit 60fps, if i tweak everything I can push 100-140 depending on situation, is the limit going to be the frame rate, would i be better off with a 1440p?

Vega would you love to get your opinion of this monitor against the fw900, since you had them beauties also.

I game on a solo screen setup and have a lovely FW900 running at 1200p@85hz, but have a feeling if this screen ever dies having a backup option should be considered :)

9/10 is a good score so would love to know how it stack against the FW900

Many thanks

That is a good point, I have two graphics cards and in planetside 2 (not the most optimized game) i am lucky to hit 60fps, if i tweak everything I can push 100-140 depending on situation, is the limit going to be the frame rate, would i be better off with a 1440p?
Try it with the OMFG updates which have just started arriving. The performance increase is massive for every kind of system, you should be able to get into 3 digits much more regularly.

Now, after reading more and more about this monitor on a few different forums, I am back to been undecided. Eizo make premium monitors, but there seems to be lots of issues with the FG2421.

Now, after reading more and more about this monitor on a few different forums, I am back to been undecided. Eizo make premium monitors, but there seems to be lots of issues with the FG2421.

The panel is brand new. Quality control / uniformity tends to improve significantly after the first few months of a run. If you have doubts, hold off and I'd wager many of the problems dissappear by the New Year. Also, more brands or models may be using it by that time, so you may have a choice.

Back
Top Bottom