New 144hz 4k monitor spotted, INSANE PRICES!!!

Associate
I was wondering if these monitors are actually selling according to the manufacturers' sales forecasts or are they wondering why the channel sales figures are lower than expected?

They are great pieces of kit (reported 10bit image quality issues not withstanding) but those prices... I have visions of lots of boxes sitting on shelves, gathering dust, going unsold. Or maybe I'm totally wrong...

Soldato
I was wondering if these monitors are actually selling according to the manufacturers' sales forecasts or are they wondering why the channel sales figures are lower than expected?

They are great pieces of kit (reported 10bit image quality issues not withstanding) but those prices... I have visions of lots of boxes sitting on shelves, gathering dust, going unsold. Or maybe I'm totally wrong...

It's hard to imagine they expected it selling in THAT large a number... they were probably conservative in the manufacturing process, although no doubt would have had to put a certain number through the production line to make it viable. There just won't be that many people out there willing to pay such a high price for this, even though it is rather good. It always struck me as a halo product and "look what we can do"... definitely a product for those who need to be at the bleeding edge of tech. Few people with sense in abundance over their net worth, or in possession of a real world concept of 'value' are buying this.

Back
Top Bottom