New 144hz 4k monitor spotted, INSANE PRICES!!!

Soldato
Define top cards. The Titan V, Titan Xp or the GTX1080Ti? Because at best the Titan V is 35% faster than the Vega 64 (is Titan V only 8% faster than the GTX1080Ti FE) which is faster than the GTX1080
And that includes all the AMD cards being faster on their respectable positions. (V56, RX580, RX570 etc).
And that on SDR. On HDR the situation is very grim for Nvidia cards who suffer big performance drops, to even 25 & 30% compared to 0% of the Vega cards.

Come on now, I would like AMD to be competitive as I like AMD, but currently if you want a card with good performance, your options are Nvidia or Nvidia. I would happily get an AMD card and use it with Freesync, but unfortunately they are not competitive.

Soldato
Come on now, I would like AMD to be competitive as I like AMD, but currently if you want a card with good performance, your options are Nvidia or Nvidia. I would happily get an AMD card and use it with Freesync, but unfortunately they are not competitive.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz there is a thread on the graphic section about how competitive or not AMD is. Please visit it.
Also have a look at the one with the HDR vs SDR benchmarks, thats eye opening :)

Man of Honour
Let’s not derail this thread in to an NVIDIA vs AMD debate please. Take that to the graphics card forum if you want to discuss

Associate
Because at best the Titan V is 35% faster than the Vega 64

LOL! In my testing my overclocked V is ~30% faster than my OC'd Titan Xp. The Titan Pascal being significantly faster than a Vega 64. Especially both being overclocked.

I think you miss the point of VRR...

Right. 80 FPS with VRR is infinitely better than 40 FPS VRR. VRR doesn't magically make low FPS not still suck.

And to satisfy Badass, I own the X27. It's amazing, so I'm back on topic. ;)

Last edited:
Permabanned
This monitor actually looks really good, but realistically what GPU would you need to have good gaming experience with it?

No such GPU exists right now.

Which is why buying these monitors is a waste of money, unless you're a bit weird and don't play any new games.

Soldato
Well if you've got £3500 in your pocket, one of these and a 2080Ti would probably be a nice pairing... but wait on benchmarks first.

Soldato
This monitor actually looks really good, but realistically what GPU would you need to have good gaming experience with it?

You've got it the wrong way round. The question is, "How many of the games I currently play will benefit from this?" For instance, I still play the original Far Cry, and got 180 fps at 4k.

Soldato
Just to point out that video is not entirely correct. Running these monitors at 144Hz (chroma subsampling + HDR) does have a performance impact. The impact seems to vary between titles or possibly even different scenes of the same game, but for BF1 and Hitman I measured around a 10 - 20% performance dip at times. Other users have confirmed similar or less significant but still noticeable dips on other titles, such as Assassin's Creed and Resident Evil 7.

Associate
Ya in my testing it is the chroma subsampling that is the cause of the performance decrease for some reason while using HDR. Not HDR by itself. RGB and 4:4:4 showed no performance decrease in HDR.

Associate
so basically a 2080ti and a corresponding 4k 144hz gsync monitor to marry them off will set you back £3400

PHEW thats worth more than my car and will take me 2.5 years to save for the cash or it will take me 4.0 years to pay off my bill if bought on my credit card

maybe if i wait 2.5 years to save the cash it may come down to around 1100 quid,

anyone else buying it now or waiting 2.5 years?

Back
Top Bottom