• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

new 6650xt

Associate
I recently purchased sapphire 6650xt. Before installing it i had a 7950 that worked with my monitor.I have used ddu to delete old amd drivers,put the new card in and no display port signal. After multiple restarts and a few pc repair prompts (somehow my boot drives order was changed) i manage to make the card work. It worked for a few days and again, today no dp signal.The monitor works fine with the igpu,but i have to do multiple restarts until the card works.I have changed the cables, the same thing. Is it the card or something else? Thank you.

Associate
I’d try the new card in a different pci slot just to make sure. Do you have access to a different pc to try the card in. The reason I say that is thats a fairly old motherboard.

Associate
OP
found this thread on AMD website

tried everything...problem still there

Associate
when you say multiple restarts to get the card working is it windows to see the card or is it the very first bios screen.

Associate
I must admit it was a few years ago when I had intel system. Is it possible to download and install the latest motherboard drivers for your board. Are you using windows 10

Associate
Lovely so we an intermittent issue which are the hardest to resolve. If it was me I would send the card back. Get a refund. Just in case it is the card. I’m fairly certain your old kit is not talking to you new kit properly. Save some money and replace cpu motherboard and ram there are some cracking deals at the moment.

Associate
Can you reset the bios just to make sure it picks everything up ok ? Agree with LTmatt though its a pretty old system and I suspect something doesn't work the way it should rather than being broken.

Soldato
I recently purchased sapphire 6650xt. Before installing it i had a 7950 that worked with my monitor.I have used ddu to delete old amd drivers,put the new card in and no display port signal. After multiple restarts and a few pc repair prompts (somehow my boot drives order was changed) i manage to make the card work. It worked for a few days and again, today no dp signal.The monitor works fine with the igpu,but i have to do multiple restarts until the card works.I have changed the cables, the same thing. Is it the card or something else? Thank you.
So are you getting a display all the way up to the Windows logo and just as your computer is going into the desktop it goes blank/turns off?

Associate
OP
tested the old card again.It shows everything up to the loading windows logo the i get a black display.The only way that seems to get them both working is go into bios boot options and in the override section press the boot drive...somehow this option works.

Back
Top Bottom