• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

new 6650xt

Soldato
EVGA G2 750W.After a few reboots it works so i have no idea what can be.
Argh I had this problem but with a Sapphire 6600XT Nitro+. It seems whatever the cause of this issue is it's isolated to Sapphire cards which is unfortunate as their AMD's best board partner. So the solution is to replace your PSU, although more then enough to power a 6650 the cards don't like PSU's with separate 12v rails. You will need to get a 750+ watt modern PSU (your EVGA model is quite old now) with fat single 12v rail and you will be fine. Since replacing my PSU i've had no problems, I'm not happy about it but at least I have no problems.

Associate
OP
Argh I had this problem but with a Sapphire 6600XT Nitro+. It seems whatever the cause of this issue is it's isolated to Sapphire cards which is unfortunate as their AMD's best board partner. So the solution is to replace your PSU, although more then enough to power a 6650 the cards don't like PSU's with separate 12v rails. You will need to get a 750+ watt modern PSU (your EVGA model is quite old now) with fat single 12v rail and you will be fine. Since replacing my PSU i've had no problems, I'm not happy about it but at least I have no problems.
Any recomendations?

Associate
OP
As far as i can see evga g2 is single rail

Soldato
Given it happens at Windows boot could you try creating a live USB stick of some Linux flavour and booting off that? Just to rule out any operating system shananigans.

Back
Top Bottom