New Alienware Q3 2020

Soldato
For anyone following my ongoing saga...

Delivery due weds, never left the depot, called DHL, rearranged for today. Today, never left the depot, called DHL, they've sent a message to the depot asking what's going on, waiting for a call back.

Fully expect to rearrange for tomorrow and have the exact same conversation again.

that sucks! Mines ‘on delivery’ but doesn’t say who so no way of checking!

Permabanned
Got ETA for tomorrow from Schenker. Great. That's 7 days earlier than Dell estimation. Interestingly the tracking starts already in Poland on 02-12, so looks like it was already here and didn't go through Netherlands. Or did but with a separate shipment.

DHL is just as great here as everywhere I see... That's basically the only carrier I ever had problems with, except for national one, they don't even attempt to deliver the package and then say that nobody was home and want you to go to terminal to pick it up, and here they have terminal 40 KM away from the city. I remember I had such problem with my first ultrawide, I specifically paid for Saturday delivery and almost waited at the door, and there was 5 other people at home at that time, I check the tracking, and see failed delivery attempt 5 minutes ago because nobody was home. I call them and some robot-like lady was replying "next delivery is scheduled for Tuesday" over and over for everything that I said. And then I wrote a complaint and they rejected it without investigating because officially the retailer paid for the shipment and not me, so complaint from me is unfounded to begin with. Just thoroughly terrible in every possible way.

All I can say about DHL is that whan I opened the door he had the box sat in a puddle. Thank God Dell wrap things seriously well.

Associate
Received my AW3821DW today and just want to give a quick tip. I noticed my CPU jumped in temperature after connecting the monitor upon checking the task manager the AWCC.Background.Server service was consuming a lot of CPU power. I managed to fix this by installing the Alienware Command Center.

Very impressed with the display.

Permabanned
Received my AW3821DW today and just want to give a quick tip. I noticed my CPU jumped in temperature after connecting the monitor upon checking the task manager the AWCC.Background.Server service was consuming a lot of CPU power. I managed to fix this by installing the Alienware Command Center.

What does the command center do? I guess we need the commande center driver too?

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/dell-aw3821dw-monitor/drivers

AH! You have had a Dell monitor before! Yes you need to update the command center. AWCC.Background.Server is a piece of Dell software.

Last edited:
Associate
Rather bizarrely, it has arrived! Went out for delivery at 15:10 and arrived an hour later.

Unpacked it but need to wait until I finish work to get it set up. Surprised at the weight, stand weighs a tonne

Associate
Rather bizarrely, it has arrived! Went out for delivery at 15:10 and arrived an hour later.

Unpacked it but need to wait until I finish work to get it set up. Surprised at the weight, stand weighs a tonne

The stand is heavy but the attaching mechanism is soooo good. I mean it should be given the price but you get what I mean. It does feel really solid.

Associate

I can't get the Command Center to work properly without having to connect the monitor via the USB cable as well. Not that it's paricularly needed, but still frustrating. Without the cable connection the software doesn't detect the monitor as an AlienFX device :confused:

Sem

Sem

Soldato
I can't get the Command Center to work properly without having to connect the monitor via the USB cable as well. Not that it's paricularly needed, but still frustrating. Without the cable connection the software doesn't detect the monitor as an AlienFX device :confused:

that software is a waste of time doesnt detect my monitor either and i use the usb hub

uninstalled the pos...

Caporegime
Mine arrived this morning at 10am..............to my work and I am on holiday until Monday lol

Reverb G2 VR kit arriving tomorrow at work as well so i might nip into work and pick them both up :)

Soldato
Mine arrived this morning at 10am..............to my work and I am on holiday until Monday lol

Reverb G2 VR kit arriving tomorrow at work as well so i might nip into work and pick them both up :)

Bhahaha, you know as well as we do you’re going to pick them up tomorrow.

Associate
Eagerly awaiting user reviews comparing the 27" 240hz to older 144hz/165hz IPS models.

Reviews and test data are glowing for the Samsung G7 - yet in actual use, it's a blurry eye-straining mess compared to my ancient and "slower" Acer XB270hu. Mostly due to the poor black transitions. Mine was boxed up for a return on the day it arrived.

Back
Top Bottom