New Alienware Q3 2020

Associate
Ordered the AW3821DW on the 9th but my order seems to have been stuck at a hub all night and not moved :( Was hoping to have it for the weekend. This syncreon tracking is pretty poor.

Soldato
Well its arrived outside of the time specified, looks like its had a bit of bash on its travels :|

IU0N3TOl.jpg

No physical damage to the panel though, they seem quite well packed inside;

BRNujpXl.jpg

Its MASSIVE!

Associate
What's the best hardware to calibrate my AW2721D? I had a spyder back in the day but that's long gone, was just going to buy another but thought I'd ask here first.

Soldato
Sounds awesome. Would you mind taking a picture of the panel in the dark? I am trying to compare mine but have nothing objective to compare it too..

I will tomorrow when it's set up in the office tomorrow, all today's testing was on the dining room table with the light off.

It's obviously got he usual ips bloom which disappears as you move towards 90 degrees to the panel surface.

Permabanned
Can I ask what brightness settings etc other people are using?

I have the brightness set to 34%. I am in room that faces north so it's not particularly well lit, so a bright monitor is a bit blinding.
I tried to calibrate the monitor but it left it with an unpleasant overall red cast so in the end I decided that I actually preferred it as it came from, Dell so that's with default colour settings and gamma.

Last edited:
Associate
I have the brightness set to 34%. I am in room that faces north so it's not particularly well lit, so a bright monitor is a bit blinding.
I tried to calibrate the monitor but it left it with an unpleasant overall red cast so in the end I decided that I actually preferred it as it came from, Dell so that's with default colour settings and gamma.

I calibrated mine with an xrite spectrophotometer and its sat next to my pro eizo monitor £2k+) and its amazingly very very similar, really impressed with the aw2721d

Associate
which pre set are you using, standard?

Soldato
Calibrated mine with a new spyderx pro, it's on 34% brightness iirc. It gave a lovely colour depth which is identical to the second panel. Was really impressed with the new spyderX it's really quick now it has a proper lense

3kdJ3Y4l.jpg

Not the greatest picture for backlight bleed, I don't really know how to take one in the dark without the potato blowing the exposure out the park.

Oh and it's on the wall now thankfully.

Back
Top Bottom