New AMD Build Approx £2,000 budget help please!

Associate
OP
Everything ordered now thanks again gents!

Will update this thread with how I get on when all the parts arrive maybe even create a project thread not sure yet.

Here's the final build:
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor
  • CPU Cooler: be quiet! Shadow Rock 3 High Performance CPU Cooler
  • Motherboard: MSI MAG B550M MORTAR WIFI Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
  • Memory: Patriot Viper RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL17 Memory
  • Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
  • Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB WINDFORCE OC 3X Video Card
  • Power Supply: Fractal Design Ion+ 560 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
  • Case: Kolink Citadel Mesh RGB Micro-ATX Case - Black
  • Monitor: Asus TUF Gaming VG27AQ 27.0" 2560x1440 165 Hz Monitor
Went for the B550 in the end as wanted the wifi, by the time I ordered the b450 and a wifi card the price difference was only about £20 so thought I may as well future proof mobo at least.

Hope I get some free Haribo's haha. :D

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Getting the B550 isn't a bad call IMO, the VRM's on those board are a lot beefier then what you typically find a B450. How much did all that set you back in the end?

Think it's going to be a good decision then. Had to call OC and cancel the B450 and reorder the B550 so might delay it a bit.

Spent a bit more on the PSU than I would have liked but got a good one hopefully!

All in was £1654.80

Had keyboard and mouse already. Logitech G512 SE keyboard and G502 SE mouse.

May need to pick up a headset at some point but not sure what to get.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Cable management needs a lot of work but we' re up and running. :D

Y3BWZt8

Last edited:
Associate
Looks fab. I’ve just finished my build in the NZXT 510 case you originally listed in your spec (although I went for the i version).

Really surprised at how cheap the case feels for the price. Have used a number of cases in the past, most recently a BeQuiet Dark but the NZXT feels cheap and thumb screws are awful, so glad you went a different route.

How’s the noise level on the BeQuiet Shadow Rock 3? I’m currently using the stock AMD cooler but it’s got an annoying whine on the silent mode so will be upgrading it sooner than I had hoped.

Associate
What made you choose the 3600 over the 3700X? The latter would have been a better choice IMO particularly with next gen consoles.

Associate
OP
Looks fab. I’ve just finished my build in the NZXT 510 case you originally listed in your spec (although I went for the i version).

Really surprised at how cheap the case feels for the price. Have used a number of cases in the past, most recently a BeQuiet Dark but the NZXT feels cheap and thumb screws are awful, so glad you went a different route.

How’s the noise level on the BeQuiet Shadow Rock 3? I’m currently using the stock AMD cooler but it’s got an annoying whine on the silent mode so will be upgrading it sooner than I had hoped.

Cheers!

It really was a nice case to build in even for a first timer like me. The fans were a bit of a pain to sort out cable wise but once I got the right connections it was fine.

A note to make with the CPU cooler you can't plug the CPU power cable in unless you've got super small flexible hands haha. So I had to take the cooler off to plug the cable in.

Shadow Rock was easy to install and is pretty much silent I can't hear it at all (over the case fans). Looks great as well.

What made you choose the 3600 over the 3700X? The latter would have been a better choice IMO particularly with next gen consoles.

Price lol I'll be dropping a faster CPU in when the new ones are released. At the price the CPU is great and does everything I want it to do for now. :)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Keyboard and mouse got delivered yesterday so got them set up.

I am now on first name terms with the DPD driver!

Had some velcro straps and cable ties delivered so going to be tacking the cables next!

Not sure where to start!

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh dear have you had flood issues? I'm not by the river luckily. Not lived here that long really from Worcester originally so know all about rivers.

Luckily no, but I know many who have.

Hope you are enjoying the PC, I'm busy building one for someone local who bought all the bits, then failed miserably at trying to put it together, not quite as bad as a 'Verge' attempt but pretty shocking nonetheless. :p

Associate
OP
Luckily no, but I know many who have.

Hope you are enjoying the PC, I'm busy building one for someone local who bought all the bits, then failed miserably at trying to put it together, not quite as bad as a 'Verge' attempt but pretty shocking nonetheless. :p

Oh dear presume you had some sorting to do first then hah

Yep enjoying very much treated myself to the Xbox game pass so just been playing Forza on lunch.

Back
Top Bottom