New Build - En-suite error - Shower facing door

Associate
Had a reply.

"The details you have provided are regulations which relate to meeting disability access requirements in a w.c. They don’t relate to an ensuite.

Our offer of £500 legal fees stands. Please let me know whether you wish to intend to proceed with the purchase of the property."

That’s BS. If they read the ****** document they would know it isn’t. The diagrams and spacing between sanitary ware is covered by the information on page 3. They cover wc access on entrance levels (ground floors) in any case not bathrooms elsewhere in the property - my bad.
You could ask for the construction drawings, they will have all the dimensions on and show the position of every thing. They may give you ‘as built’ drawings though, those will reflect changes in the signed off drawings.

Soldato
OP
That’s BS. If they read the ****** document they would know it isn’t. The diagrams and spacing between sanitary ware is covered by the information on page 3. They cover wc access on entrance levels (ground floors) in any case not bathrooms elsewhere in the property - my bad.
You could ask for the construction drawings, they will have all the dimensions on and show the position of every thing. They may give you ‘as built’ drawings though, those will reflect changes in the signed off drawings.

When i showed them the drawing I had in my possession on site they said it wasn't he latest drawing, so they must have revised it up to the messed up 'As-built' layout.

Soldato
Had a reply.

"The details you have provided are regulations which relate to meeting disability access requirements in a w.c. They don’t relate to an ensuite.

Our offer of £500 legal fees stands. Please let me know whether you wish to intend to proceed with the purchase of the property."

Your best to not try and fight this using regulations you don't understand, they are indeed correct that the regulations youve quoted aren't applicable in this scenario.

Given they have changed the drawings then I'd be challenging that I wasn't engaged prior to the changes being made and wouldn't have agreed to the changes. Finishing the statement with the same message of please advise when the en suite will be installed in accordance with the drawings you issued to me.

Soldato
When i showed them the drawing I had in my possession on site they said it wasn't he latest drawing, so they must have revised it up to the messed up 'As-built' layout.
The only drawing that matters as far as you're concerned is the one you had been issued when you signed up.

A drawing is worthless if you just decide to build something else and change it in an As Built. It's not as if you're dealing with a doorway being a brick width further along a wall or something.

Soldato
I think I'd be seriously thinking about walking away if they won't budge. Otherwise, you will be living with this bodge job, unless you want to spend a few grand ripping it all out and done properly in the future.
Also, you might want to sell one day, and anyone else looking might be put off by the en suite too.

Back
Top Bottom