New build need help

Soldato
indeed.

hah. i challenge these two muppets to a spec-off :D
@Plec @orbitalwalsh :p one's an alkie and one has a new kiddo :D

had the kids all weekend whilst i let the wife build ikea furniture at 6 months pregnant - oh and paint the walls too.... I looked far worse. Apologies to anyone in Aberdeen park that had to witness myself perform CPR on a doll and my girl crash her dolls pram into a tree and then started crying doll wouldnt wake up- then chase after my son who was unleashed on his bike in public for the first time !

BB CODE
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,306.75 (includes shipping: £0.00)​

4k monitor - techincally 2080 rtx can do 4k but between 40-60fps, its the 2080ti that hits 60fps min

ryzen 2600 can be had for £120 and ryzen 2700 non X for £180

had to drop to ryzen 2600- to be honest at 4k- should be fine

Total: £1,291.89 (includes shipping: £14.10)​

Soldato
Mornin' Orbi :)

had the kids all weekend whilst i let the wife build ikea furniture at 6 months pregnant - oh and paint the walls too....
Brilliant - how did you wangle that?

Although, your adventures sound more exhausting - but still, kudos for getting a 6 month space hopper to do your DIY...

@tamzzy - the thread has extended :D

Soldato
Mornin' Orbi :)

Brilliant - how did you wangle that?

Although, your adventures sound more exhausting - but still, kudos for getting a 6 month space hopper to do your DIY...

@tamzzy - the thread has extended :D

she was also working at height too ! also on knees doing skirting board so made the mos tout of it!

think it easier to do DIY then manage to kids haha

hghf31q.jpg

i have to do the wall papering --- like current but white and green, so a lot of pattern matching... %$£%$£%^

Soldato
she was also working at height too ! also on knees doing skirting board so made the mos tout of it!
My wife went into labour with our first while holding a walnut worksurface steady for me to Jigsaw. No, self control... :D

All i absorbed from that image is - you have a cat as well as 3 kids?!! :0

i have to do the wall papering --- like current but white and green, so a lot of pattern matching... %$£%$£%^
*cough*Decorator*cough* - so relaxing watching them do all the prep work. They even sand between 'emulsion' coats - who does that?..

Associate
OP
had the kids all weekend whilst i let the wife build ikea furniture at 6 months pregnant - oh and paint the walls too.... I looked far worse. Apologies to anyone in Aberdeen park that had to witness myself perform CPR on a doll and my girl crash her dolls pram into a tree and then started crying doll wouldnt wake up- then chase after my son who was unleashed on his bike in public for the first time !

BB CODE
Total: £1,306.75 (includes shipping: £0.00)

4k monitor - techincally 2080 rtx can do 4k but between 40-60fps, its the 2080ti that hits 60fps min

ryzen 2600 can be had for £120 and ryzen 2700 non X for £180

had to drop to ryzen 2600- to be honest at 4k- should be fine

Total: £1,291.89 (includes shipping: £14.10)

Awh decisions, out of the three which you personally go for? Just about click the trigger for the amd rt lol

Man of Honour
@orbitalwalsh oh dear lord 4k VA 60hz without a 2080ti...that's what i call a blurry mess lol! :p

Awh decisions, out of the three which you personally go for? Just about click the trigger for the amd rt lol
they're all good builds. i wouldn't go with the 4k screen (as above) personally - one too many sacrifices (cpu especially)

in comparison with my build, @orbitalwalsh has sacrificed the mobo (no wifi) and storage (no hdd), and no peripherals to get a better gpu (2070 super) into the build.

off topic section:
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

My wife went into labour with our first while holding a walnut worksurface steady for me to Jigsaw. No, self control... :D
as long as you finished the DIY, a laobouring woman can normally wait. it's the impatient ones that gets it over with in an hour...

Soldato
I'm clinging to the fact i 'may' have a small amount of Swiss ancestry.

#neutral

as long as you finished the DIY, a laobouring woman can normally wait. it's the impatient ones that gets it over with in an hour...
She did wait (but i was left to do DIY by myself /tuts)...

...a 28 hr wait, then number one son scared the bejezuz out of us, when he finally made an appearance. The magical wonderment that is child birth... :/

Unless, it was one long 'painful' ruse to get out of helping with the DIY... (i would be so very dead if she read this.)

Soldato
@Plec @tamzzy

Plec, SANDING! seems they were milking £ per hour there ! i've learnt rock paper is a blessing followed by wall paper over the top if surface is naff.

2 cats !

what Tamz said! hope you finished the cut ! and put away the tools!

Think first build is suitable for budget with peripherals etc.

problem with choice now! we complained when intel and nvidia were ruling with high prices and no competition, now its the other way ! though GPUs still too high . AMD RX Cards with PCIe 4.0 connection that doesn't get used costs extra .

you'll have lots of fun either way!!!!!!

Soldato
Think first build is suitable for budget with peripherals etc.
All i'll say is an extra ~£100 gets you the best of both (mix of @tammzy/Orbi's 1st build).

But you need to draw a line somewhere and finalise your absolutes - 4k being unrealistic (pretend you didn't see Orbi's 2nd build :D)

Associate
OP
I don't know what go for lol have 800 now until Thursday. Was gonna order the important parts in the build lol as i said previous in no rush to get it build lol just these alternative options im doubting myself.. Is ray tracing a big notice? Also if use personally what would use do?

Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom