New builder - looking for alternative PC case after intended one has gone out of stock

Associate
E: It's done. All parts have been bought and I am now waiting for them to be delivered. In the end I chose the MSI mag forge 100M.

Heya. A couple months ago I asked for help with an IGPU computer build, and with the assistance of several commenters, was able to build a list as seen below. I now have the money to begin buying parts - but now that I'm looking at the website, the PC case that was suggested (BitFenix Nova Mesh SE ATX Mid Tower Case) has now gone out of stock. I have about £40 left in my budget to get a different case, but there are so many different cases out there that I just have no idea what the best option is. I would much appreciate any guidance from here, and thanks in advance.

Any suggestions to upgrade/reduce prices for other parts are welcome too, but it could do with staying in budget where possible. I can perhaps go £20 over the original £610 limit if there's an upgrade that would hugely benefit the build, but nothing more than that though. I would also like to get this sorted by tonight, as I'm somewhat on a time limit to get a PC up and running before my laptop packs up for good.

CPU: Intel Core i5-12500 3 GHz 6-Core Processor (£197.99)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B660M DS3H AX DDR4 Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard (£113.68)
Memory: PNY XLR8 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory (£116.33)
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (£81.46)
Case: BitFenix Nova Mesh SE ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (£59.99)
Total: £569.45

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Associate
OP
Man of Honour
Digital art first and foremost, and I want to move into some more intensive 3d modelling in Blender when I can afford a GPU later on. IIRC I was told the RAM may be a good investment with this in mind.
Fair point was just trying to free up funds to improve in other areas. Psu is only 550w which may be a bit limiting for gpu choices depending on how high end you want to go.

Associate
OP
Fair point was just trying to free up funds to improve in other areas. Psu is only 550w which may be a bit limiting for gpu choices depending on how high end you want to go.
Good point. I don't think I'd be going for a higher end GPU, or if I did I would be doing it a loooong time in the future, so I think for now it's probably going to be okay. I'll bear that in mind though, thank you

Back
Top Bottom