New car delays.

Soldato
I'll enjoy my heated seats, quiet cabin, and latte.
I thought of you ... the new must have gizmo
Tesla has updated the Model S and Model X with a new motorized swivel function for the center screen. The feature enables a better viewing experience in the car as the automaker is betting on more in-car entertainment

---

why is the e-tron out of the towing game 1.8t is ok for a horse+box

Caporegime
Tesla has updated the Model S and Model X with a new motorized swivel function for the center screen. The feature enables a better viewing experience in the car as the automaker is betting on more in-car entertainment

---

Its not. If you have a single horse that would do. If you have 2 horses/double horse trailer then you need 2,500kg +. But the choice is hardly vast atm or affordable. Not when £30k will get you a competent ICE car capable of towing weights in excess of 2.5 tonnes.

Plus even when towing one horse my better half is paranoid and always wants a comfort level so that the max towing weight is well above the actual weight being towed. She is a vet and has attended far too many horse trailer accidents.

Soldato
Thank god they sold a problem they created by sticking a massive television bang central :D

Soldato

---

It’s not a “gizmo” is correcting an obvious design flaw. Anyone interested in Tesla probably already know this, I’m not sure anyone really wants jpaul thinking of them, it’s amusing you then end you post about horse…. There’s a related theme there!

Soldato
Plus even when towing one horse my better half is paranoid and always wants a comfort level so that the max towing weight is well above the actual weight being towed. She is a vet and has attended far too many horse trailer accidents.
what is the towing weight indicative of - better chassis strength, rear suspension, brakes, stability to roll. ? and then, where is the principal accident liability if you are near the maximum.

Caporegime
what is the towing weight indicative of - better chassis strength, rear suspension, brakes, stability to roll. ? and then, where is the principal accident liability if you are near the maximum.

All of them. Just recently I saw a horse trailer accident with a used discovery where the trailer hitch had detached itself from the car!! Turns out the trailer hitch had been an aftermarket one rather than factory fitted and had badly rusted and then fractured with the horse in the trailer.

Of course everybody will be fine towing within the state towing weight limits of a car that it is certified for but always better to have some headroom. Its a bit like running a PC with a 750W PSU and using 710W all of the time. Better to have a 1000W PSU and some headroom IMO

Soldato
You do know the screen swivel thing is only for the Model S and X which both still have actual displays in the traditional dashboard location? Its only the 3 and Y that have the centre screen only....

Associate
5.1 metres long and 2 metres wide.... that'll be the bmw x7 that currently frequents the school runs at present.

Rivians website puts it at 5,51m (217.1 inches) that is large in anyone's book, almost half a metre bigger than an x7, beast :o

Of course everybody will be fine towing within the state towing weight limits of a car that it is certified for but always better to have some headroom. Its a bit like running a PC with a 750W PSU and using 710W all of the time. Better to have a 1000W PSU and some headroom IMO

Yup it is often quoted 85% by the caravan club, though with the weight of EVs the risk of tail wagging the dog must be quite reduced, EVs should end up being perfect tow vehicles once charging is a non issue, all that torque, awd and lots of weight low down.

Soldato
Edit ‘put the driver specific information, like speed,in front of the driver’.

They have literally fixed a problem that didn’t exist until they (and early BMW Mini) created.
A G-Man rightly points out, the S and X series have a dash with the driver specific information in the 'normal' place. Also, BMW Mini didn't create that problem, the original Mini did. ;)

But as a Model 3 owner, I do agree, I don't like that the controls/info are on central a touch screen display, and the speed is too small and in the wrong corner of it.

Associate
I've seen a massive increase in 71 and 22 plate cars recently. I'm guessing all the cars people have been waiting on have finally arrived.

It's a shame my current car won't last another 3 years when everyone wants to get rid of them before the warranty expires and I can get one cheaper. :cool:

Soldato
I've seen a massive increase in 71 and 22 plate cars recently. I'm guessing all the cars people have been waiting on have finally arrived.

It's a shame my current car won't last another 3 years when everyone wants to get rid of them before the warranty expires and I can get one cheaper. :cool:
Hate to break it to you but anything with 71 plates have been around since at least Feb so it’s probably all in your head

Back
Top Bottom