New car

Associate
Well done, very nice car to be having at that age, awesome machine to be running around in. Might help get a new fittie in the passenger seat too.

Not my cup of tea personally, sadly destroyed by the endless stream of ******s that seem to have bought them in the past and then the mind-boggling weirdness that is the Chrysler 300C dolled up in Bentley badges.

Saying that, at that sort of price level, worth a look at if fast luxo-barges fit the bill and you can stomach the running costs.

Caporegime
[TW]Fox;25419806 said:
I'm sure Gurdas does as well. Basically, it isn't 'simple' at all, it's actually quite difficult, which is why not everyone manages.

It's hard work, and a bit of luck mixed in too. It's not easy.

Phate couldn't afford a Bentley if he wanted, sorry mate :p

Caporegime
I was under the impression Phate lives in a house owned by his parents, a house which he also shares with his sister?

With these minimal expenses he should have a learjet by now.

Being successful is hard work, some people 'luck out', but these are few and far between.

I have no doubt the OP has worked hard for what he has, so good on him.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Some of us had nice cars.

Then crashed them into things.

I believe this falls under the "mixed luck" part of your post.

Success is measured in many ways and a very subjective and personal journey. That said, material wealth is something many of us always feel like we fall behind on. I see awesome AV systems, cars and even rigs on this forum.

I have none of that really, I make do and I accept I do not try as hard as I could. At 28 I am disappointed with where I am, but I wouldn't soil a thread on someones proud moment of owning a vehicle they are so happy and proud to show off moaning about it or begging to know how. We all know how, we all know what it takes. Some of us are just not cut out for it, some of us are just happy it may or may not happen and that the journey is what it's all about. Me personally, I'm trying to put myself into a position where I am at least independent and I would hope to be flaunting my achievements on here one day. But I don't care how others do it unless they inspire me, it's your own journey.

I have had my bad luck, miss my Golf a lot, it was lovely but too many mistakes (DR20, that crash) make it impossible to sensibly own a capable car. So my Type-S is filling the gap.

Anyway, back to the car. I love these. The shape does not age. This will be in the RX7 league of aging IMO where they always look unique and fitting even 20 years on. Remember a guy chasing me down my local back roads when I had my MX5. He was sweating when he caught up to me in town, loved it but said it wasn't for those kinds of roads and commended me for showing him how to get round those roads quickly haha. I'd love a go in one. I suspect I'd get far too comfortable. Bet the seats are very cosy.

Soldato
OP
An £800 knob makes me feel a little better about the Mines steering wheel I just bought for the GTR :p

Is a Bentley something you've always wanted or just fancied trying? 10mpg is pitiful, I thought the 14mpg I get driving during rush hour was bad!

It is something I have always wanted so I'm prepared to sacrifice the fuel economy to have one. To be fair I've been used to the fuel economy of my Impreza STi which is also very bad so as long as I keep my expectations of fuel economy fairly low, it becomes normality rather than a pain in the ass:p

Permabanned
The problem with society is people judge based on wealth or income.

The amount of time I have seen people get special treatment even though they are idiots or not nice people because they have a lot of money is stupid. People seem in awe of people with money, even what I like to call inheritance babies.
Just like people are in awe of hollywood actors like Paul Walker, I bet a heart surgeon died this week but no mention of that eh?

Caporegime
Phate couldn't afford a Bentley if he wanted, sorry mate :p

Didn't claim I could? :p

Within a year I could probably buy one...running one on the other hand :o

I was under the impression Phate lives in a house owned by his parents, a house which he also shares with his sister?

With these minimal expenses he should have a learjet by now.

Lol if only :p

I like travelling too much to buy a learjet :p

Soldato
The amount of time I have seen people get special treatment even though they are idiots or not nice people because they have a lot of money is stupid. People seem in awe of people with money, even what I like to call inheritance babies.
Just like people are in awe of hollywood actors like Paul Walker, I bet a heart surgeon died this week but no mention of that eh?

To quote a good post on Pistonheads:

A man who possessed the looks, fame and fortune that would turn many a mortal into a complete ahole, died in an accident not of his making whilst coming back from a charity event he organised, for a charity he founded in order to help those in need. His deeds will hopefully be remembered long after my memory of this thread is gone. RIP

Car looks great Gurdas - would like to see it in the flesh. I live very close to Canary Wharf, mini-meet perhaps?

Soldato
Wouldn't be my first choice but the CGT looks very plush!

I remember the Lambo thread so well done.

People will always have nice things or more money than the next person so you can't go through life bring jealous.

Last one i came across was a 19 or 21 year old driving a V8 supercharged RRS.

Soldato
The problem with society is people judge based on wealth or income.

Off topic but the point is PW was recognised where as nobody gives a flying monkey about some doctor they haven't heard of.

Of course this doesn't matter anyway as I'm sure everybody(well) wishes peace upon everyone anyway, whether or not they have posted on an online forum..

Soldato

To quote a good post on Pistonheads:
A man who possessed the looks, fame and fortune that would turn many a mortal into a complete ahole, died in an accident not of his making whilst coming back from a charity event he organised, for a charity he founded in order to help those in need. His deeds will hopefully be remembered long after my memory of this thread is gone. RIP

Well that should put him in his place :)

I take it 86JR has the same opinion towards people like Bill Gates as well because he has fame and money?

Soldato
Definitely, how many of us are in the area? I'm dropping the car off tomorrow to get my wheels refurbed ( gloss black, I know....don't kill me:o ), but will have the car back sometime next week.

Quite a few of us in the docklands area now, although some of the cars hibernate over winter. Should be able to fit something in in the next few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom