New car

Man of Honour
One man's measure of success is a Bentley, another man's measure of success will be something completely different.

Health, happiness and family come before wealth in my eyes.

http://banoosh.com/blog/2013/10/12/the-man-who-lives-without-money/ This is an interesting read

Yea but all those things are nicer with wealth too. So many people use the 'it's not about money for me' when they really mean 'I'm not able to achieve that level'. Nothing wrong with that but people do find lots of excuses for people who have done it and make it sound like a choice that they haven't themselves.

Soldato
OP
So my brand new Mulliner shift changer arrived this morning, it's a work of art, leather is soft and has a real nice feel to it, I can see why Bentley charge £800:p

nwpy.jpg

Soldato
Yea but all those things are nicer with wealth too. So many people use the 'it's not about money for me' when they really mean 'I'm not able to achieve that level'. Nothing wrong with that but people do find lots of excuses for people who have done it and make it sound like a choice that they haven't themselves.

Did you read the article?

Soldato
I did and I don't see the correlation, the guy sold up (or not as the case may be) and chose to live off the land and not spend a penny. Kudos. That's one guys take on life, that doesn't have any bearing on this thread, or am I missing something fundamental?

Good on gurdas, Phate and anyone else who is determined to succeed. If more people had that attitude, perhaps we'd see more Bentley's rolling around.

I don't measure the success of my life, based on the car I drive

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have all the money to buy the things I want, and I'd be the first to buy a supercar if I won the lottery. But was just making the point a man's success in life is most certainly in my opinion not based on the car he drives.

Last edited:
Soldato
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have all the money to buy the things I want, and I'd be the first to buy a supercar if I won the lottery. But was just making the point a man's success in life is most certainly in my opinion not based on the car he drives.
It was a comment made to illustrate a point about the lack of motivation and drive in the general population to be successful at anything, whether or not that 'thing' generates material wealth. It wasn't defining the success of an individual as a Bentley on the driveway.

Man of Honour
It was a comment made to illustrate a point about the lack of motivation and drive in the general population to be successful at anything, whether or not that 'thing' generates material wealth. It wasn't defining the success of an individual as a Bentley on the driveway.

Depressing isn't it. Moan moan moan often with woe is me arguments as to why they can't be arsed or why others 'just got lucky', delivered with a sneer.

Soldato
An £800 knob makes me feel a little better about the Mines steering wheel I just bought for the GTR :p

Is a Bentley something you've always wanted or just fancied trying? 10mpg is pitiful, I thought the 14mpg I get driving during rush hour was bad!

Soldato
Is a Bentley something you've always wanted or just fancied trying? 10mpg is pitiful, I thought the 14mpg I get driving during rush hour was bad!
The CGT is in about the worst league imaginable for fuel economy - 2300 Kg, all wheel drive, (only a) 6 speed automatic, 6 litre twin turbo twelve cylinder engine, pre-OEM fuel economy focus. I can't think of anything additional that could be done to decrease fuel economy :p

Back
Top Bottom