New Cardiff signing onboard missing flight

Soldato
Are they going to continue the search for the wreckage? You'd have thought they'd want to retrieve the black box

I don't think light planes like this have any requirement for a black box.

And why are these planes used over standard flights? Flexibility and convenience...when they don't crash and kill your passengers...:(

Last edited:
Don
It is crazy that with all the money available to him and the club that he's used this sort of plane. I seriously hope it wasn't Cardiff that organised it for him.

Soldato
A friend of a friend is a football agent and I was told he's used these type of flights plenty of times. Standard flights just don't offer the flexibility of times for busy schedules I guess.

Caporegime
Those stupid little Piper things seem to be involved in a lot of crashes, they seem the sort of thing you'd fly in nice weather for a short distance. Not in the dark in the middle of winter over a large body of water.

Caporegime
Parachuting out in the middle of the ocean isn't going to do much, you last minutes in the water this time of year. I think I'd rather die instantly on the impact than run the risk of that.

Caporegime
They now believe the pitot tubes could have iced up and given the pilot the wrong airspeed reading.

That has brought down planes before. I thought it was a problem that would have been well ironed out by now?

Soldato
They now believe the pitot tubes could have iced up and given the pilot the wrong airspeed reading.

That has brought down planes before. I thought it was a problem that would have been well ironed out by now?

One of your pre flight ground checks should be to see if the pitot heater is working, on a 152 it gets warm to the touch pretty quickly.

Soldato
Looks like a football agent booked the flight, but he says he didn't choose the plane or pilot. One of his sons who plays for Cardiff told Sala, that he'd organise a private flight for free so he could return to Nantes and collect his belongings...

Up until then, it looks like he was looking at a commercial flight...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47013474

For free; usually means as cheap as possible...

It's a shame he didn't refuse to get on, as he certainly had suspicions that the plane was air worthy.

Caporegime
Looks like a football agent booked the flight, but he says he didn't choose the plane or pilot. One of his sons who plays for Cardiff told Sala, that he'd organise a private flight for free so he could return to Nantes and collect his belongings...

Up until then, it looks like he was looking at a commercial flight...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47013474

For free; usually means as cheap as possible...

It's a shame he didn't refuse to get on, as he certainly had suspicions that the plane was air worthy.

That's the faith the player had in his agent who was meant to look after him. Agent found cheapest possible way to ship his "cargo".

Soldato
I disagree about the insinuation about the agent. The article says Henderson was with whom the booking was made, an experienced pilot who has transported players around Europe. However it was another pilot after all, so the question is now why was the pilot (and plane?) switched, or does Henderson only manage a fleet of planes/pilots? The agent must have trusted Henderson if the latter recommended another pilot. Who knows what Henderson said...I think it sits with him to give a statement.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom