New Cardiff signing onboard missing flight

Don
Yes but how many a day?

If you have plans and want to fly at 9pm and there’s no commercial flights. What are your options.
The lad was looking for a commercial flight before his new agent decided to arrange that flight for him. Clearly he wanted to keep costs down so chartered the cheapest option.

Associate
Something really dodgy about that whole deal, there was around 5 people taking a slice from the transfer and Bordeaux get a 50% sell on fee

Don
I don't think anyone forced him to get on the plane. It's a tragedy but let's not go blaming people needlessly.
Nobody grabbed him by the arm and dragged him on the plane, no. I'm sure he didn't know what sort of plane had been arranged for him when he agreed to it though nor would he have known how safe and reliable these planes were had he known anyway. He put his trust in his agent and quite possibly would have felt obligated to take the flight even had he not felt 100% comfortable.

Associate
A go fund me has been started by the pilots family to fund a search for his body as understandably, they need closure too.

Kylian Mbappe has donated £27k. Class act from a classy guy.
Hope they find him, Nice of Mbappe , maybe a few others could chip in its peanuts to them

Soldato
How on earth do you go about finding a body?

I get that with a plane there are metal detectors/scanning devices that can detect an object which looks like a plane and that it'd just sink to the bottom. But a body will surely just float around and leave no trace to follow.

I get that emotionally his family will want him found and some kind of closure. But it feels like a lost cause and a waste of money to me.

Don

I get that with a plane there are metal detectors/scanning devices that can detect an object which looks like a plane and that it'd just sink to the bottom. But a body will surely just float around and leave no trace to follow.

I get that emotionally his family will want him found and some kind of closure. But it feels like a lost cause and a waste of money to me.

I thought that Sala's body was found in the rear but the front had become detached? Presumably the pilot's body is still in this part.

Man of Honour

Depends - sonar surveys can potentially show it if it is in a fixed position for some reason otherwise it will be a case of stuff like mapping the tides and other currents over the time since the incident and trying to narrow down the most likely location.

Soldato
I disagree about the insinuation about the agent. The article says Henderson was with whom the booking was made, an experienced pilot who has transported players around Europe. However it was another pilot after all, so the question is now why was the pilot (and plane?) switched, or does Henderson only manage a fleet of planes/pilots? The agent must have trusted Henderson if the latter recommended another pilot. Who knows what Henderson said...I think it sits with him to give a statement.

Has Henderson made a statement yet?

p.s. I hadn't seen anything about the agent/transfer at point of posting.

Back
Top Bottom