new corsiar force series 3 SSD

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Love Corsair products. With good price and customer service, always keeps me coming back. Keep up the good work :)

Soon I will have 3 Corsair products in my PC ;)

Associate
People on Corsair forums are reporting problems.

"it's not showing up on BIOS or anywhere"
"I don't know what is going on with this thing but I keep getting errors with it..."

Sounding the same as Agility 3s..

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Seems they are having issues also. Looks like anyone who got one will need to return it.

I know you must be busy Yellowbeard, but an update would be appreciated as to what the current situation is. Should people cancel their pre-orders?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Nice one Yellowbeard. I have been following that thread since it was created. I ended up canceling my order earlier. I will wait to see what is going on before I order a ssd. Both you guys and ocz seem to be having an issue with your new sandforce ssd's.

Apart from kitguru, are there any more reviews out there?

Thanks Yellowbeard, much appreciated. Hope you guys get this sorted soon, I would rahter order one of your ssd's if possible.

Man of Honour
Been reading some info on this drive some more.. for anyone interested :

http://www.fudzilla.com/memory/item/22896-corsair-goes-for-max-random-4k-write-spec-on-ssds

&

http://www.overclock.net/ssd/1028614-vertex-3-max-iops-120gb-corsair.html

Anyway crux of it is the magical 85k IOPs is inflated and the Vertex 3s are much better drives. All the infos are in the links above.

Just FYI, it's not magical ;) The testing methodology is EXACTLY the same as what we have used since we first got into the SSD business. The fact that it differs from what others do, does not lessen the validity of the results.

Associate
Just FYI, it's not magical ;) The testing methodology is EXACTLY the same as what we have used since we first got into the SSD business. The fact that it differs from what others do, does not lessen the validity of the results.

Yes it's different. I was trying to clarify to people not assume that these drives are better than the Vertex 3s or in fact any of the recent drives with the new sandforce controller.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Hi Yellowbeard. Are the lack of reviews so far due to the problem with the force 3 drives?

I personally have decided to put a hold on my upgrade until Sandforce fix the issue and then make a decision on what drive to buy. By then the Force GT should be out also.

Any ETA on Force Series GT?

Thanks, and keep up the good job keeping us updated ;)

Soldato

The results may be valid as per your usual testing method, but it's still misleading since the advertised IOPS don't link to your testing method, so people see you guys advertising 85k IOPS and OCZ advertising 50k IOPS and assume you guys have the faster product, which isn't the case.

Associate
OP
Glad I came back to this thread! Just ordered a force 3 120gb. Guess I'll cancel it now. Rest of my system will be here, though. Anyone suggest another SSD? :(

Soldato
Looking to buy a 240GB Sandforce but all these problems are really tarnishing what looks to be the perfect drive. Speed is one thing but if isn't reliable it's a no go for me.

I have 2 Intel drives and they have not missed a beat. Used every day for software development for over a year and they just work.

Fixing the bug is one thing but I would like to know what the problem is?

AzZ

AzZ

Associate
Glad I came back to this thread! Just ordered a force 3 120gb. Guess I'll cancel it now. Rest of my system will be here, though. Anyone suggest another SSD? :(

I was looking forward to these drives as well, as the price/performance was great. However I sat down and thought about what drive to get and which one will provide me with fast and reliable use. I have decided on the Intel 510.

Thinking about it I don't think it's worth shaving off a mere 3-4 seconds on real world usage by going with a Sandforce drive. In fact thinking about it, if your drive did fail you would actually waste more time trouble shooting, reinstalling and RMA'ing and thats gonna work out to be much longer than the few seconds you will save. With hard drives, for me, it's reliability over speed everytime. Intel seem to have done it right.

Back
Top Bottom