new corsiar force series 3 SSD

Associate
OP
lol... good to know beta-testers aka customers are getting updated :)

I was looking forward to these drives as well, as the price/performance was great. However I sat down and thought about what drive to get and which one will provide me with fast and reliable use. I have decided on the Intel 510.

Thinking about it I don't think it's worth shaving off a mere 3-4 seconds on real world usage by going with a Sandforce drive. In fact thinking about it, if your drive did fail you would actually waste more time trouble shooting, reinstalling and RMA'ing and thats gonna work out to be much longer than the few seconds you will save. With hard drives, for me, it's reliability over speed everytime. Intel seem to have done it right.

Intel 510 might be a good shout! will prob. order one today. Completely agree with you about reliablility over speed for storage. Thanks mate.

after looking at reviews, i might actually go for OCZ vertex 3, they seem to be ok so far. mostly.

Last edited:
Associate
Gah, yes no yes no. Many fantastic reviews and this pops up grrr xD Ruined my day the lot of you, good day!

On the same note: Please have it fixed by next month for my build start xD I want my money to go to the good old folks at Corsair :) I love you all.

Evoss

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Also Yellowbeard, any ETA on Force Series GT?

As those were never released, when they do come out one would assume they would be problem free. At this point I have decided to wait until the Force Series GT or Force 3 is fixed and buy a 120gb one of those.

OCZ are just not worth buying due to bad customer service in my opinion. Some poor dude in another thread saying he has been waiting for 5 weeks now for an rma of his OCZ ssd. Totally unacceptable.

AzZ

AzZ

Associate
after looking at reviews, i might actually go for OCZ vertex 3, they seem to be ok so far. mostly.

The Force 3 drives use the same Sandforce 2281 controller that is inside the ADATA S511, OCZ Agility 3 and Vertex 3 drives. -Kitguru

Both the Vertex 3 and Corsair drives seem to be having similar problems as each other. I'm sure if you browse the OCZ forums you'll see more than just a few people having issues with their SSD's. In this case I think you'll be sacrificing pure speed (in benchmarks mostly) with reliability.

Some real world tests (vs Vertex 3):

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviews/1143/pg11/crucial-m4-256gb-ssd-c400-review-load-times.html

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviews/1143/pg9/crucial-m4-256gb-ssd-c400-review-install-times.html

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviews/1143/pg8/crucial-m4-256gb-ssd-c400-review-file-copy-tests.html

Question is can you wait an extra 5 seconds for the expense of proven reliability?

I know as soon as I get a 510 it will fail now...lol

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Just got my 120 Force 3 today , my intel 80 gig is faster !!! , Will see if any firmware updates or whatever is posted within the next few days.

:(

With lack of information currently from corsair, it is making me want to try out the Crucial M4's. Apart from lower sequential (which means very little, at least to me) they are good ssd's. At least they work :)

Man of Honour
:(

With lack of information currently from corsair, it is making me want to try out the Crucial M4's. Apart from lower sequential (which means very little, at least to me) they are good ssd's. At least they work :)

What lack of information are you referring to :confused:

We've posted several times since this issue was identified, and when we took the systems to SandForce last week, on Thursday evening. There's only been 1 working day since then and we've posted updates in that time.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Well for starters, no reply to my Force Series GT question. Believe me, I want to get a Corsair ssd, but not knowing how long I have to wait is making me get impatient and just go for another brand.

If Sandforce fix the problem by end of hte week, how long until Corsair get the Force 3's to the online retailers. Even more importantly, when is the Force Series GT coming out, as the Force 3's seem to be a lot slower then Corsair made them seem like. Is this due to the dodgy sandforce drivers?

If I knew I waited one month and I can get a Force 3 or a Force GT then I would wait. But silence on eta's means you guys are not even sure yourself. So could be a lot longer.

Soldato
TNA It's annoying, but your not the only one waiting for the Corsair SDD's, I'm in the same position, as are many others.

It could be only a few days, or it could be weeks, to solve the problem.
Yellowbeard will update us when he knows something, we just have to wait.

Last edited:
Associate
Your running an SSD already? All we can do is wait and see. I too want a Corsair SSD and am waiting for the issues to be resolved, I trust Corsair will do the right thing :)

Man of Honour
Well for starters, no reply to my Force Series GT question.

Our company policy is that I cannot discuss items such as ETAs etc. Our PRESS RELEASE states that it's expected in early Q2 which has passed us now since it is June 6th. This is the only ETA I have until we officially announce something different.

And, quite frankly, while I do appreciate your interest in our SSDs, my focus right now is certainly not on unreleased products. We've got to get this Force 3 issue sorted first. As I noted on another forum, I did work thru the weekend but it was to provide Force 3 testing data to SF. At this time, I have no meaningful updates but I will be posting something later today.

I'll continue to update customers in the Corsair thread. Again we appreciate your patience.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
TNA It's annoying, but your not the only one waiting for the Corsair SDD's, I'm in the same position, as are many others.

It could be only a few days, or it could be weeks, to solve the problem.
Yellowbeard will update us when he knows something, we just have to wait.

Not trying to be rude or anything here dude, just trying to squeeze out some more info from our yellow bearded friend here ;)

Your running an SSD already? All we can do is wait and see. I too want a Corsair SSD and am waiting for the issues to be resolved, I trust Corsair will do the right thing :)

Thank you for bringing this to my attention Evoss, now that I know I have one I guess I can be a bit more patient in regards to getting a faster ssd. But wait, that still does not solve my issue of running low on space.

Our company policy is that I cannot discuss items such as ETAs etc. Our PRESS RELEASE states that it's expected in early Q2 which has passed us now since it is June 6th. This is the only ETA I have until we officially announce something different.

And, quite frankly, while I do appreciate your interest in our SSDs, my focus right now is certainly not on unreleased products. We've got to get this Force 3 issue sorted first. As I noted on another forum, I did work thru the weekend but it was to provide Force 3 testing data to SF. At this time, I have no meaningful updates but I will be posting something later today.

I'll continue to update customers in the Corsair thread. Again we appreciate your patience.

Thanks for the info yellowbeard. I have decided to hang on and wait for a month and see what you guys come up with.

I appreciate you keeping us updated ;)

Man of Honour
Thanks for the info yellowbeard. I have decided to hang on and wait for a month and see what you guys come up with.

I appreciate you keeping us updated ;)
Thanks again and believe me. No one wants this resolved more than I do. Please keep an eye on that Corsair thread.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yeah, I just read that. Great news indeed. How long will it take for the new force 3's to reach online retailers?

Now that the force 3's are fixed, any word on force 3 gt's? :p;):D

Back
Top Bottom