New Dell IPS S2721DGF 165hz gaming monitor

Soldato
I'm using an AMD card with this monitor for the first time and getting issues with VRR, basically I'm getting tearing in Borderlands 2.

I'm using 5700XT with HDMI cable. Resolution set to 2560*1440 120Hz and I have Premium Pro enabled in Radeon and also on the monitor OSD.

Edit: I had to change in game frame limit to unlimited. All good now.

Last edited:
Associate
I've just purchased the Dell-G3223D, and will be using my Dell-S2721DGF along side, Has anyone used the G3223D before? I know it's pretty much the same spec as the S2721DGF, However in 32' instead.
I want the bigger screen as my eye sight is shocking and thinking a bigger screen will help with productivity.

Associate
Still loving mine and now i've upgraded from a 1st gen i7 to a 12th gen i7 I can finally make good use of that high referesh rate.
However, i've been experiencing the black screen for a second or two issue in some games that others have commented on here and elsewhere.

Seems to boil down to a gsync issue possibly at native res.
My old pc had a 970 which is does gsync but not gsync compatible. The 2721dgf is gsync compatible, so I guess I was blissfully unaware of this issue. New pc has a 1080 which is gsync compatible.
Turning gsync off fixes any issues with black screen during games, but of course thats not a proper fix.
I have learnt that a firmware upgrade for dp ports may sort this out, link below:

Will try when I have the chance.

Soldato
Still loving mine and now i've upgraded from a 1st gen i7 to a 12th gen i7 I can finally make good use of that high referesh rate.
However, i've been experiencing the black screen for a second or two issue in some games that others have commented on here and elsewhere.

Seems to boil down to a gsync issue possibly at native res.
My old pc had a 970 which is does gsync but not gsync compatible. The 2721dgf is gsync compatible, so I guess I was blissfully unaware of this issue. New pc has a 1080 which is gsync compatible.
Turning gsync off fixes any issues with black screen during games, but of course thats not a proper fix.
I have learnt that a firmware upgrade for dp ports may sort this out, link below:

Will try when I have the chance.
I think I had that issue on my 1080 and the firmware fixed it.

Soldato
Cheers.

Would you be able to share your monitor settings? Maybe take a few pictures of your menu settings? I could do with a starting point!

Please feel free to ignore my request is it's a hassle.

Not done much in settings

Game
  • Preset mode - standard
  • Game enhance mode - off
  • AMD freesync pro -- on
  • Response time - extreme
  • Dark stabiliser = 0

Brightness 36% ( find the default way too bright but thats just me, I belive later models the default brighness is lower so youll just have to set that to what you prefer)
Contrast 74%

Input source - auto

Display
Smart HDR = display HDR

Think that's all ive done, the rest is standard/default settings.

Soldato
I've had this monitor since early days (I might have posted a hundred pages back), it's never missed a beat and still looks and works excellent, especially as I've now got a GPU fast enough to accomplish 165fps in nearly everything. I've started using Nvidia's DSR, to scale to 4k, and the image looks fantastic. But it also highlights that I'm not quite ready for a 4k monitor, due to some AAA titles still not managing high enough fps.

Can't remember ever suffering a black screen like mentioned above.

An excellent purchase :)

Back
Top Bottom