New Dell IPS S2721DGF 165hz gaming monitor

Associate
Pretty crisp and the blacks are a lot better than my old Dell S2417DG , but thats expected , TN vs IPS , just firing up a quick game to see if it is smooth.
Are you able to take any pictures of the monitor. Hows it run at 144/165hz and the HDR? General impressions?

Associate
it is native at 165Hz straight off the bat , just plugging it in. Does look good on HDR selected in Windows and having a quick blast on Borderlands 3. Im using it for work at the moment and the text and such are sharp enough. Ill a proper play later on tonight and tomorrow.

Quick pic that I have taken.

X5THUdB.jpg

Associate
OP
What is the size of the bezels ? In mil. The U2719D is 0.8 to the screen on the sides

I am Very tempted as I got 10% off code to. Do these come with the same dead pixel policy

how’s the reflective coating.

would I be able to run 3 monitors at 165hz on desktop Only with a single gfx card for work with a vega 56

I would only play games on one monitor so that would be ok.

Thanks

Associate
Im using it for work at the moment and the text and such are sharp enough.

Hi,
Thank you for this quick review, probably the first available on the web right now!

I know this is not its primary purpose but do you think that working on Excel Spreadsheet is also OK with this monitor? What's your feeling? Thanks!

Associate
Hi,
Thank you for this quick review, probably the first available on the web right now!

I know this is not its primary purpose but do you think that working on Excel Spreadsheet is also OK with this monitor? What's your feeling? Thanks!

Totally awesome for working on Excel due to the 2560x1440 resolution. The fonts are nice and crisp on it out of the box. Im doing some Excel work on it now.

Associate
Looks like it's using the innolux panel found in the PX7, Raptor 27, Aorus IPS models, not really a fast panel but acceptable image quality compared to the GL850 with better black depth. I would personally love to see Dell venture into VA panels like they did with the 32" model they came out with last year but higher performance. IPS panels are losing their need now that VA panels performing better for fast paced games.

Associate
Looks like it's using the innolux panel found in the PX7, Raptor 27, Aorus IPS models, not really a fast panel but acceptable image quality compared to the GL850 with better black depth. I would personally love to see Dell venture into VA panels like they did with the 32" model they came out with last year but higher performance. IPS panels are losing their need now that VA panels performing better for fast paced games.

It sounds more like the LG panel with a 21hz overclock. The PX7 didn't have the 1ms gtg as advertised with this dell?

Associate
It sounds more like the LG panel with a 21hz overclock. The PX7 didn't have the 1ms gtg as advertised with this dell?
If it was using the LG panel they would advertise it as Nano Cell IPS due to it being a selling point. either way, seems a decent price at the moment with discount but with the GL83A dropping to as low as £350 it's got some competition for competitive gamers, it should be superior to the Nano cell for picture quality assuming it's the panel I think it is.

Associate
OP
You s
5.5mm pretty much the same as my old S2417DG , the screen has a matt coating and it doesn't reflect that bad.

At 5.5mm would be 0.55cm

the dell S2417DG is 0.8cm or 8.0mm which i Found on rtings So by the sounds of it it’s been reduced even more which is good for multi monitor setup.

still deciding if this would be better than the U2719D For image quality apart from the faster panel

Associate
You s

At 5.5mm would be 0.55cm

the dell S2417DG is 0.8cm or 8.0mm which i Found on rtings So by the sounds of it it’s been reduced even more which is good for multi monitor setup.

still deciding if this would be better than the U2719D For image quality apart from the faster panel

Yeah I mean 5.5mm from the border of the display to the edge not including the frame of the monitor. In that case it's a little more than that. I'll measure up in a bit.

Back
Top Bottom