**NEW DER8AUER DELID-DIE-MATE 2**

Associate
As I said in a earlier post, it seems anything that is related to their sister company just turns into a "We failed to communicate" issue.

Associate
As I said in a earlier post, it seems anything that is related to their sister company just turns into a "We failed to communicate" issue.
This is exactly why i'm not going to expect my DDM2 to be delivered next week. I'm hoping that it does get delivered, but i definitely wouldn't bet on it.

Gangster
OcUK Staff
OP
All due respect - But how is this a 'bug' when OCUK has been doing pre-orders for years?

It was something to do with the way the orders have been processed. It was a mistake on our part for sure. Trust me the preorder process is not flawless what ever we launch.

Regarding Caseking I have been speaking to them through the process to get as much information on these as possible but we don't message each other everyday.They shipped the remaining units last week and we get deliveries all the time so they will not be long.

Associate
When you're about to apply liquid metal to your newly delided CPU, only for the stuff to shoot out all over the chip and your desk. :eek:

Then clean up and reassemble whilst praying that your PC will post :confused:

And it then posts and has knocked 7 degrees off load temps :cool:

Had flashbacks to a certain notorious yet hilarious thread on here...

Soldato
When you're about to apply liquid metal to your newly delided CPU, only for the stuff to shoot out all over the chip and your desk. :eek:

Then clean up and reassemble whilst praying that your PC will post :confused:

And it then posts and has knocked 7 degrees off load temps :cool:

Had flashbacks to a certain notorious yet hilarious thread on here...

If you're concerned about spillage, put tape over the pcb leaving only the die exposed. Also, the liquid metal sucks back up into the syringe really easily.

Associate
I've just had mine delivered. This packaging is, lets say "German Precision" everything has it's own little cutout. I'm rather impressed TBH.

Associate
Mine came today and I just used regular cello tape, forgot to pick up scotch tape but it worked fine. For those of you wondering whether it's worth it, I'd say yes, proof below.
Before

After

Associate
No mate, didn't use anything to relid the CPU. Read somewhere temps are better when you don't relid (not sure how accurate that is though). It's held firmly in place by the socket, I was a bit sceptical at first but once it's clamped down it's going no where. Tiny drop of liquid ultra and regular cello tape to cover the PCB, used quite a bit of isopropyl to get the crap stock silicone off though, that stuff is caked on really bad. The stock thermal paste is bad but not as bad as people are letting on (well mine wasn't anyway), but you could clearly see the shoddy sealing job was adding a bit of a gap between the die and the IHS (I assume this is where the problem is caused)

Hope this helps a few people.

Associate
Yeah no probs, it was running for longer but I'd accidentally closed off realtemp ,that was enough for me personally as it's the version of prime with avx and the temperatures before the delid were insane.

But I'll do a 30 min Test when I get in from work this afternoon. This is with a custom loop as well.

Back
Top Bottom