New essential Android apps thread

Associate
I still use ES File Manager 3.2.5.5 which was one of the better earlier versions without any of the bloat. I changed the digital signature on it though so it will no longer update to the bloated version. Works fine on Marshmallow.

Soldato
I love discovering new apps, particularly productivity/lifestyle apps - any that anyone has found recently that have been really good?

I'm not sure if it was on here or another forum but I recently discovered Night Owl - basically a scheduler for screen brightness, (brightness far more gradual and extreme than the stock Android one). Plus it's free.

Caporegime
I love discovering new apps, particularly productivity/lifestyle apps - any that anyone has found recently that have been really good?

I'm not sure if it was on here or another forum but I recently discovered Night Owl - basically a scheduler for screen brightness, (brightness far more gradual and extreme than the stock Android one). Plus it's free.

Also has a blue light filter. Might give this a try.

Looking for a to-do for my home screen. It might make me more producitve. Any suggestions?

Found it makes the screen far to dark as its lowest form. Go any higher, and well it just goes dark?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Any way to play music files with Apples annoying protection?

I've got an album I bought in iTunes yeeaarss ago. It's impossible to find as the band was never very popular and have since split up. But the album itself I love. Annoying I can't play it on my phone :(

Any ideas chaps?

Soldato
Been playing Resources for a while GPS based economic game
8 ball pool
pocket tanks

some other apps
*Textra for messaging
*MX player for videos
*Quickpic for gallery
*Network signal info
*Night screen
*Open camera
*Nova for launcher
*Adaway
*Flud for torrents
*Player fm for podcasts

I remember playing equivalent to Pocket Tanks on the Amiga - so much time spent on that!

Soldato
Roller Coaster Tycoon Classic.

Brings back so many good memories and is an actual joy to play on touch screen - it's a bit pricey at £4.99 but so far it's completely worth it. There's some in app purchases, but these are apparently just for some extra scenarios if you finish up the numerous ones that come with the game.

Back
Top Bottom