New forum! Post bugs & errors in here *CHECK FIRST POST FOR ISSUES FIRST - P.S. THE MM IS OPEN*

Status
Not open for further replies.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
What I don't like about it this new layout. Everything about the old one was fine. New one everything is too bold and too big. Resize the layout so it resembles the compact nature of the one I've been using for years. I love new things, but this layout is not an improvement at all. I just can't get around nowhere near as fast and I'm very very adaptable to new designs. This new layout is hard work. Need a poll. I'm convinced the vast majority will not approve and beg for the old style which worked brilliantly.

I agree. Just keep old style and keep new features = win.

Can guys not create the old style in xenforo?

Soldato
Avatars have been molested, I'm sure I had a wiseguy avatar and now mobster?

Also appear to have no option to change avatars anymore.

Also... thread posts now stretch the entire width of a monitor... seems unpleasant to read 50cm across the screen for one sentence.

What I don't like about it this new layout. Everything about the old one was fine. New one everything is too bold and too big. Resize the layout so it resembles the compact nature of the one I've been using for years. I love new things, but this layout is not an improvement at all. I just can't get around nowhere near as fast and I'm very very adaptable to new designs. This new layout is hard work. Need a poll. I'm convinced the vast majority will not approve and beg for the old style which worked brilliantly.

It seriously needed a face lift imo, especially after the shop site was updated, it was starting to look a bit 90's as it was, I'm confident that there will be a few refinements as time goes on.

Caporegime
I would say there is definitely too many lines/frames dividings posts, needs simplifying a little, compare it to this thread on the gaf, http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1343812
To me that looks awful. Like something from the year 2000.

Guys (and gals) it's not even been active for much more than two hours. Give them a chance to tweak and fix things. And at least try and be constructive. It's no use saying you hate it but then not saying why or suggesting improvements.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Noticed friends has now changed to people you follow, can someone explain the difference, what does following do?

Also Likes which I see in account settings, but no like button.

Associate
The new design would look much better with a different colour, preferably white. The site is now very harsh on the eyes and also has far to much wasted space.

Also it would be much easier on the eyes if the site was centred like this or at least had an option to enable it https://community.futuremark.com/forum/

As much as the forum needed updating the design looks like something from 15yrs ago :(.

Soldato
This feels more like the Anandtech forum now! Not sure how I feel, I liked the old style as it was nice and basic but I agree it needed a little something sprinkled on.

v0n

v0n

Soldato
I think, to start with - we need to bring the template back to the old intuitive and logical layout, at the moment most things are "arabic" - ie. in reverse

Take a look at the headers of the old site:
ocuk_old_layour.jpg

This is the new template, as you will notice, most of things are reversed - page counters are on the left, instead of right, new thread button was moved right and somehow got mangled into breadcrumb bar. Also header font is literally gigantic and wastes a lot of space:

ocuk_new_layout_boinked.jpg

And then there is the inconsistencies of the layout - we walk into a different section and now New Thread button is no longer in breadcrumb bar, it now has entire empty cell for itself. Instead, where the page counter should be, we have a "watch forum" option, which should go somewhere on the top, next to Watched Threads/New Posts:

ocuk_new_layout.jpg

Don
Avatars have been molested, I'm sure I had a wiseguy avatar and now mobster?

Also appear to have no option to change avatars anymore.

Also... thread posts now stretch the entire width of a monitor... seems unpleasant to read 50cm across the screen for one sentence.
Does your avatar reflect your current post count? I'll check about the avatar selection.

I'm pretty sure the previous forum stretched across the monitor - by not far from, what it is now.

Don
Noticed friends has now changed to people you follow, can someone explain the difference, what does following do?

Also Likes which I see in account settings, but no like button.
Following can give you notices of when people post (I believe) and populates your news feed; its no more than being able to easily see what your favourite posters have posted lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom