New forum! Post bugs & errors in here *CHECK FIRST POST FOR ISSUES FIRST - P.S. THE MM IS OPEN*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Would be good if everything wasnt so big, iv not had a chance to read through the thread unfortunatly, but its quite large and in your face,

Some of the dividing lines between forums need to be defined more (darker perhaps?)

Man of Honour
Yes, it is. JQUERY, simply HTML, take your pic. If you're taking longer than 10 seconds to fix it, you're in the wrong job.....Coding is not reinventing the wheel. There is no IP, it's lift and shift.

<a href="" accesskey="">Submit</a>

There, 10 seconds :p
I'm not a web dev so this means nothing to me :p

Soldato
I'm not a web dev so this means nothing to me :p
Sorry, were you the guy who posted this earlier?

"I absolutely detest it when a user says something like that to me as a developer, because they usually have absolutely no idea of the actual work involved never mind how simple they think it should be."

Not sure if you are just trying to be ironic, but either way it's a simple change and if you don't even know simple HTML I wonder what kind of developer you are. :D

v0n

v0n

Soldato
It's getting there... looks better than yesterday.

- quick reply (the one we are typing replies in now) window still has css bug when you switch to "Use BB Code editor" (the last button on the right ) - the window becomes 'urine yellow' transition and doesn't resize - in a narrow browser window it jumps downwards

- visitorPanel class (this large square on the bottom with just Username written in giant font, Posts and Likes) has no purpose at all, other than to steal space.

Giant fonts:
- Thread title on the top of the page (titleBar h1 class) should go down to 11pt bolt - no need to scream at us with giant fonts
- post number next to the useless facebook logo - the font is larger than anything non-header on the page
- padding - what's with the padding guys - there is no point of having 100 posts per page if 50% of it is empty space and by god this theme uses more padding than Jordan's breasts.

Man of Honour
Sorry, were you the guy who posted this earlier?

"I absolutely detest it when a user says something like that to me as a developer, because they usually have absolutely no idea of the actual work involved never mind how simple they think it should be."

Not sure if you are just trying to be ironic, but either way it's a simple change and if you don't know simple HTML I wonder what kind of developer you are. :D
Yep :D and I stand by it, it's a phrase I hate.

I'm a db/business intelligence dev so absolutely no need for any html knowledge at all.

Up the top right click on your forum name, it then brings up another window with a lot of settings etc

Many thanks - that did the trick!

Although I have criticised the new forum layout initially, I do really like the 'alerts' button. It's a quicker version of the subscribe-to-thread feature :)

Oh and thanks Dons for reinstating the old 100 posts per page view!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom