*** NEW Fractal Design Case - Coming Soon ***

Associate
Meridiusuk, do not expect much luck in next few weeks, usually all shops have max 1 delivery till end of this month and then the next delivery is only at end of december. Seems like we did too much promo for this case, so it is way too popular, harder to get than HD5870 (i have both :D).

Associate
Anyone used the included Fan controller? I'm having a couple issues...

I have the 2 included fans in their normal postions - 1 at front, 1 at rear.
I have 2 additional fans (both FD fans) - 1x 120mm front, and 1x 140mm top.

The 3 120mm fans are on the fan controller, the 140mm just runs from a mb connection.

So..
When I turn on the machine, if i have the fan controller set low, the upper front fan doesn't turn, it just sort of 'twitches' like its trying to turn. If I turn the controller up it spins fine.

Any idea why this might happen? The other 2 fans on the controller don't show the same 'limp' ;)

Associate
When I turn on the machine, if i have the fan controller set low, the upper front fan doesn't turn, it just sort of 'twitches' like its trying to turn. If I turn the controller up it spins fine.

Just sounds like a case of not enough voltage to get the fan spinning. The fan controller is variable (as opposed to a switch), isn't it? I think you just need to set it that little bit higher, so that the front fan kicks off.

But I have a question: in which positions is it possible to fit a 140 mm fan? I read that the two front, two top, bottom, and rear positions accommodate 120 mm fans (only)? (I know the side fan can be a 140 mm.) Thanks! :)

Associate
Oops, I found the answer to my own question on FD's website:

A total of 7 fan slots (2x120mm in front, 2x 120/140mm in top, 1x120mm in back, 1x 120/140mm in side panel, 1x 120/140mm in bottom)

Bum, I just (pre-)ordered 4x 120 mm fans... Can I (easily) cancel orders from OcUK?! (I'd go for 140 mm top and bottom.)

Associate
it iso a great little case to be ar stylish but yet works which is a rareity and personally i thin build quailty is very high as mines already been attacked by the cat and stood to tell the tale except a small chunk of soundprrfing froom out of the front door that is normaly used for silencig the front fans
there is one issure with the front fans though it is a pain in the ass to clean the filters as you have to unsrew the fans aswell as the filters to clean them but i prefer this over some clips systems i have seen before as they just break after a couple of time of use

i am very happy that fractal have used screw i like to fell that something is secure which a screw does over a clip to make something "tool less"

Associate
As nice as the R2 is, I hope they make an R3. That is slightly longer to comfortably fit a 5970 and longer PSU's without covering the bottom intake. Also I'd love to see a HDD system simmiler to the new Lian-Li's as is much less restrictive. While they are at it they could make it splitable like in the FT01.

Personaly I'd like the fan filters to have been tool less and quick to remove. But for the price I suppose I cant argue.

Soldato
there is one issure with the front fans though it is a pain in the ass to clean the filters as you have to unsrew the fans aswell as the filters to clean them but i prefer this over some clips systems i have seen before as they just break after a couple of time of use

You don't really need to take the filters off, if you just rub the filter to roll the dust into a dull then you can easily collect it all and just throw it away without having to take any of it apart.

Associate
pc60 will be better at cooling but it is double the price but i dont think it is as good looking also the pcp60 is massize mind form what i know of it and fractal is good at cooling for its smaller size it copes well with my stuff too
The reason I asked is cos I already have a PCP60 but I hate it's 4 big led fans, and replacing them with decent non-led fans would cost me about £42. Plus the case is beginning to look very ugly to me now ;p so I thought it'd be wiser to sell the p60 (should get about 120 for it, near-mint condition), and spend that money on another quality case which as a bonus comes with quieter non-led fans plus black interior and much an overall much more slick look.

Also hoping to counter the loss in case 'coolability' with the addition of a corsair h50 (additional bonus: quieter!).

All in all I hope this is a wise move!! Or eBay it is :p

Back
Top Bottom