*** NEW Fractal Design Case - Coming Soon ***

I'll keep it. It's quite noticable when it's hit by direct light from the window, but when it's under the desk you wouldn't notice if you didn't know it was there.
If there was stock available, I'd send it back for replacement, but as they aren't going to be available for a while I won't bother.
I have to say that I'm very impressed with the case design / layout; it's just a bit of a pity it's blemished.
OCUK have offered a refund if I send it back within seven working days, but as I said, I won't bother.
Just unlucky I guess

You could always contact the manufacturer, they may send you just a replacement door panel?

Oh and I have had a meeting with Fractal today - Amongst other things, I discussed the 140mm fans, and the issues with it.
The 7 fin fans are revised, they hjave the same air flow and nosie levels so performance is not a issue. However the issue of the fans and their rubber mounting is now being addressed, any further stocks will be corrected.

Just sent the following email to fractal Design:

'Hi Jens,

I am planning to build a new PC early in the new year and I am very impressed with the styling and reviews for the Define R2 cases. I would really like to purchase the Define R2 Black Pearl to house my new build!

However, there are a couple of issues that concern me! May I ask if it is possible to switch the front door so that it can open from left to right? Also, can you confirm if the case can accommodate an ATI 5970 graphics card?

If the answer is 'No' to both of my questions, can you confirm if Fractal Design have any plans to develop and release a case that will match my and many other enthusiast's practical needs?'

Will be interesting to see what type of response I get!

Well, I can confirm they have new products in the pipeline, however I cannot give an info yet other wise this NEW CASE company, Fractal Design, get annoyed with me. ;);)

What I can say is looking at the Antec Gaming Range, there is the Antec 300, 900 and 1200. The R2 is comparable to the 900.

why are ocuk telling you to contact the manufature as you bought the case from ocuk they should sort it and get it replaced ? should they not.

I will be sorting him out when he gets in contact with me!

I am going to send him the replacement fans.

The official process is to get the case returned and arrange a replacement, however their is no stock of the case left. We were out of stock of the fans at one point, maybe this was the time he asked us. We are happy to sort out the fans for him now. But I need his details, hence my previous post asking him to contact me!

Yes, I have an update and it's not great - I will quote the email.

Hi Lee,

Stock ETA to you is around the 20th of January a container with 340 pieces DEFINE R2 is incoming and 3-4 weeks later another 650 pieces.

I will come to you with further information in the next 2 days, have to work myself through a big amount of emails after the Christmas days.

UPDATE:

I have managed to source a small amount of stock for my backorders, which should arrive on Wednesday.

I have a limited amount of Black R2 cases and a limited amount of the Titanium R2

Currently I have 3 extra free units available of the black on top of all backorders, but the Titanium doesn't cover all backorders. However there will onoly be 3 Titanium backorders which do not ship. Oldest orders get priority.

Regretably I have not been able to obtain any Silver. More stock is due to arrive around 20th as previously advised :)

Back
Top Bottom