• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NEW IMPROVED EVGA 970's ARE ON THERE WAY!!! **

Hi, so at the left BIOS the Semi passive profile is flashed and the fans do kick in at 66 degree. On the right BIOS is the performance BIOS flashed, there is the auto fan profile setup that it do always spin. If there are issues about monitoring those numbers I would suggest to clean out all old driver with a third party tool like driver fusion and just download and install the latest version again. Please do also clean out all tools that do have access to the graphics card like precision, GPUz aso and just download and install the latest Precision for testing.

Cheers Dom,

Ok so uninstall precision, afterburner, gpu-z, download driver fusion and delete old drivers and then download the latest ones again and see how it runs then. I'm new to all this so I want to basically make sure I haven't done anything wrong and the that the card is working well, it scored quite low on heaven and the temps were high. Will try this tonight and hope for the best.

I haven't tried to overclock it all yet (and probably won't) so they would have been stock clocks, when I ran heaven the fans didn't kick in until the card got really hot and it had to drop the temps safety wise. I obviously thought something was up so I set the fans to 30% manually and that way it kept the temps in the mid 70's. The fans didn't seem to work unless manually set or until it was getting silly hot.

EVGA Customer Service XL's

Well, what can I say. I've today experienced excellent customer service from EVGA.
Having failed to register my FTW card within 14 days of purchase because I was awaiting further components I contacted Ben Wilson to ask for advice on how to "Step-Up" to the FTW+.
Literally within minutes he had arranged this with his team in Germany and I was able to get in the "queue" for an upgrade to the FTW+.
10 out of 10 in my book.

Cheers

Q

Ben/Dominik....i got a 970 ftw + edition purchased on the 30/1... registered it today 14/2... noticed there was a payment option for extended warranty 5 years and 10 years... i taught the 5 years was free? or should i say the extra 2 years free?....haven't even got the chance to try the card out and test it as i'm waiting on a new monitor to arrive! should be with me the Monday or Tuesday :-). also have i missed out on the upgrade if i not happy with it 970?

Hi, so at the left BIOS the Semi passive profile is flashed and the fans do kick in at 66 degree. On the right BIOS is the performance BIOS flashed, there is the auto fan profile setup that it do always spin. If there are issues about monitoring those numbers I would suggest to clean out all old driver with a third party tool like driver fusion and just download and install the latest version again. Please do also clean out all tools that do have access to the graphics card like precision, GPUz aso and just download and install the latest Precision for testing.

Cleaned out old drivers, and re-installed latest, got rid of all gpu tools, and all seems to be good now, no silly temps when bench marking, 100% fans keeps the card around 65 when benching, pretty sure my old cpu/****** ram combo is holding me up now but hopefully new stuff will be sorted for next month :) Oh and loving the Torq 10 mouse :)

Ben/Dominik....i got a 970 ftw + edition purchased on the 30/1... registered it today 14/2... noticed there was a payment option for extended warranty 5 years and 10 years... i taught the 5 years was free? or should i say the extra 2 years free?....haven't even got the chance to try the card out and test it as i'm waiting on a new monitor to arrive! should be with me the Monday or Tuesday :-). also have i missed out on the upgrade if i not happy with it 970?

Hi

Yes at the moment we do have a promotion giving an automatic 5 year warranty on an EVGA GTX970/980 when purchased and registered before March 31st 2015.

This should be an automatic process upon registration and no further fee need be paid like it would outside of the promotional period.

I will allow Dominik to check your case on Monday though but your 5 year warranty should be automatic upon registration.

Thanks
Ben

Well, what can I say. I've today experienced excellent customer service from EVGA.
Having failed to register my FTW card within 14 days of purchase because I was awaiting further components I contacted Ben Wilson to ask for advice on how to "Step-Up" to the FTW+.
Literally within minutes he had arranged this with his team in Germany and I was able to get in the "queue" for an upgrade to the FTW+.
10 out of 10 in my book.

Cheers

Q

Thanks Q

Lucky you caught us just before the office closed on Friday so was able to get this sorted quickly with Dominik.

Thanks for your kind post.

Ben

Hi

Yes at the moment we do have a promotion giving an automatic 5 year warranty on an EVGA GTX970/980 when purchased and registered before March 31st 2015.

This should be an automatic process upon registration and no further fee need be paid like it would outside of the promotional period.

I will allow Dominik to check your case on Monday though but your 5 year warranty should be automatic upon registration.

Thanks
Ben
yes as i taught until i registered... it came up with two different prices for extended warranties... with a continue anyway s button if i remember rightly! maybe its all auto as you say... would be great if it was checked though....cheers Ben ;)

Thanks Q

Lucky you caught us just before the office closed on Friday so was able to get this sorted quickly with Dominik.

Thanks for your kind post.

Ben

that's excellent service ....

10 out of 10 in my book.

Cheers

Q

was hoping to have this option if for some reason :D? i wasn't happy with the 970 i could maybe upgrade to the 980 . just failed to register myself in the 14 days..think it was 15 days... mind you only 11 days when i actually received the card..waiting for delivery!!!

only gaming at 1080 i should be fine though!!!

was hoping to have this option if for some reason :D? i wasn't happy with the 970 i could maybe upgrade to the 980 . just failed to register myself in the 14 days..think it was 15 days... mind you only 11 days when i actually received the card..waiting for delivery!!!

only gaming at 1080 i should be fine though!!!

Hi

Please can you send a mail to myself and Dominik please with your account details, including the serial number of your card and the email address to which it is registered and we will take care of this case for you and check your warranty is correct at 5 years.

Ben - [email protected]
Domnik - [email protected]

Thanks
Ben

Hey EVGA, I have a question. I may be getting an EVGA card at some point this week and one thing that bothers me considering I had problems in the past with dodgy fans. Do you send out fan replacements that can be fitted by the buyer? Cheers

Some people in here mentioned dodgy packaging:

I bought an EVGA GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0 card. Slightly more premium, but the card came in an anti-static bag inside a lovely foam box. Very nicely packaged. It has a bit of coil whine (mainly in game menus) which is annoying, but I can live with it. I am probably going to step-up to the 980 at some point anyway.

I hope EVGA do take in any constructive feedback given, and continue to provide amazing products, both value and premium lines. I do agree though, that receiving a "value" card in an anti-static bag is a lot nicer. And having good power regulation is important too. Please do continue to up the quality where you can, without affecting price too much.

Back
Top Bottom