• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NEW IMPROVED EVGA 970's ARE ON THERE WAY!!! **

18C Idle? how cold was your room? lol

Lol! Any where between 18 to 23c is what I got from the evga 780 on idle heating, on or off. Even the little r9280 sticks around 24c.

If we have a warm summer I don't know how she'll react! The little hoe better keep cool! That's if I get the same 6gb 780 replacement which I really hope I do! Really not wanting a 3.5gb scam of a 970.

It doesn't turn on till the card hits 40 or 60 degrees, can't remember which one. The new FTW+ is definitely 60 degrees C. However, I use a fan profile on MSI Afterburner to run at 20% when it is 20 degrees. With my fan profile the card never runs at over 65 with fans on 50%

It doesn't turn on till the card hits 40 or 60 degrees, can't remember which one. The new FTW+ is definitely 60 degrees C. However, I use a fan profile on MSI Afterburner to run at 20% when it is 20 degrees. With my fan profile the card never runs at over 65 with fans on 50%

Awh nice it has the cool fan feature. I thought it was only asus and msi that had the no fan speed feature.

I was hoping to start my new build this month but the joys of buying a house has taken it's place, still going to get the 970 FTW+ this month to take advantage of the 5yr warranty, I have a feeling it may be a decent step up from my GT9800 :) . I'm hoping OCUK have some in stock when I get to pull the trigger

Wow some of the comments here are putting me off. I was going to order an EVGA 980 SC today.

Are these new Rev. Coolers coming to the 980? Would suck to buy now (£450 is nothing to be sneezed at) then find a better version in stock next week. That's pretty much my luck so I'm wary :P

That's what happened with me. I brought the 970 FTW and few weeks later the 970 FTW+ came out. I stepped up to that but now they have received my crad I have changed my mind and now stepping up to the EVGA 980 reference :)

I have the EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0 (link below)

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-263-EA

I didn't think the cooler was that bad at all and liked the look of it and to make it even better for me I had no coil whine what so ever on it and the fans only kicked in when it reaches 60C.

what else i liked about this is when the issues of the 970s came around with the VRAM they first the first suppliers to support OCUK and returning the cards or you could use their step up program for a 980.

because of the vram issues i am returning my card but not because of the quality or anything else.

That's what happened with me. I brought the 970 FTW and few weeks later the 970 FTW+ came out. I stepped up to that but now they have received my crad I have changed my mind and now stepping up to the EVGA 980 reference :)

So Step Up covers even those sorts of upgrades? Nice! And it's 90 days right? So if a 980 TI / 8GB / SC+ or such turns up I can upgrade?

Sold.

Excellent. So can buy now and not worry about anything showing up in the next two months. Just ordered :)

Oh btw, maybe EVGA reps are better to answer this but the StepUps are new products right? Not like refurbished or something?

Slightly off topic, but does anyone else have issues with credit cards and OcUK? Mine always seem to get rejected -presumably security related. But I have no issus elsewhere. I have also tried two separate CCs and it doesn't seem to matter lol. I have started having to use Amazon payments XD I've told my CC company so many times that OcUK is fine and a common purchase site but computer ses no still. Anyway.

Last edited:
So Step Up covers even those sorts of upgrades? Nice! And it's 90 days right? So if a 980 TI / 8GB / SC+ or such turns up I can upgrade?

Sold.

Hi guys

Sorry for delay guys. Monday morning start of the month always a busy period. Just catching up on the conversation here.

Just one last point regarding the step up. Please remember you need to register your card within 14 days of purchase as well to qualify. I don't want someone missing this caveat then not being able to qualify in 2 months for Step-Up if desired.

Thanks
Ben

Last edited:
Excellent. So can buy now and not worry about anything showing up in the next two months. Just ordered :)

Oh btw, maybe EVGA reps are better to answer this but the StepUps are new products right? Not like refurbished or something?

Slightly off topic, but does anyone else have issues with credit cards and OcUK? Mine always seem to get rejected -presumably security related. But I have no issus elsewhere. I have also tried two separate CCs and it doesn't seem to matter lol. I have started having to use Amazon payments XD I've told my CC company so many times that OcUK is fine and a common purchase site but computer ses no still. Anyway.

Hi Rob

On the link you will see all the products currently in the step up programme:

http://eu.evga.com/support/stepup/

Graphics Card
EVGA GeForce GTX 980 ACX 2.0 - (04G-P4-2981-KR)
EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+ - (04G-P4-3975-KR)
EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW+ ACX 2.0+ - (04G-P4-3978-KR)
EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0 - (04G-P4-2978-KR)
EVGA GeForce GTX 970 ACX 2.0 - (04G-P4-2972-KR)
EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SuperSC ACX 2.0+ - (02G-P4-2966-KR)
EVGA GeForce GTX 760 Dual w/ ACX Cooler - (02G-P4-3763-KR)
EVGA GeForce GTX 760 - (02G-P4-2761-KR)
EVGA GeForce GTX 750 2GB Superclocked - (02G-P4-2754-KR)
EVGA GeForce GTX 750 - (01G-P4-2751-KR)
EVGA GeForce GTX 660 FTW w/ EVGA ACX Cooler - (02G-P4-3063-KR)
EVGA GeForce GT 730 2GB - (02G-P3-2738-KR)

You can only step up and not down!! Your step up product is always brand new also.

Any more questions just let Dominik or I know.

Ben

hi dominik, I was wondering if you could help me.

I have been having problems with my 6g 780 I sent it back to my original supplier which offer 1 year warranty for the first year and the remaining 2 years is with yourselves. So I thought I would send it back to them with them being in the uk and it' was the cheapest option for me. although I did op to the extended 5 year warranty.

I sent my card back to them just over 2 weeks ago and they said there is nothing wrong with the card and there is no fault, but I have video proof of the gpu making a rattling/vibrating noise at a certain fan speed it has been happening for a few months now on and off and has gradually got worse, to the point where I can even hear it over my headset.

Once I showed them the videos they were quick to send it back to yourselves for either a replacement/repair or to get credited.

I was wondering how far along is the process? the supplier said it could take 2 weeks. I will list the videos below of the problem I am having. When I play games like cod aw, crysis 3, battlefield 4 ect this sound happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0KTStiMsN4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gj0RGp1ts4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-tJBBNaK0Y

Regards,

Guy

Hi Guy

This is one for Dominik I am afraid I work in sales and based in the UK. I am only in the office once a month or so in Munich. It is Monday so usually they are clearing emails from the weekend and catching up a little but Dom will be back to you either before close tonight or early tomorrow.

Ben

Hi Rob

On the link you will see all the products currently in the step up programme:

Any more questions just let Dominik or I know.

Ben

So you can basically step up to anything listed there right now? (I just ordered this). If NVIDIA announced a new Titan in the next 2 months, would that be something that could show up on there to go from a 980? Im mostly worried about seeing a Rev 2.00 of my new 980 SC show up next week or something lol. Or NVIDIA being like "Surprise Titan!" Or "Surprise 6-8Gb 980").

Also thanks for the reply ^_^

So you can basically step up to anything listed there right now? (I just ordered this). If NVIDIA announced a new Titan in the next 2 months, would that be something that could show up on there to go from a 980? Im mostly worried about seeing a Rev 2.00 of my new 980 SC show up next week or something lol. Or NVIDIA being like "Surprise Titan!" Or "Surprise 6-8Gb 980").

Also thanks for the reply ^_^

There is actually nothing on the list currently for you to step up to. The card you have bought is higher spec than anything on the list currently. If something new did launch in the coming months we of course add cards as we see demand or need.

Usually we try to add 1-2 skus per GPU depending how popular. Obviously GTX970 is very popular so lots of options especially as we have also changed design.

The whole idea of step up is to protect our customers and give them assurances if they buy the latest and greatest card per their budget, they will be able to have the latest and greatest in 3 months time.

I hope this helps
Ben

Back
Top Bottom